Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
OPPS! The preceding ("None here. This was typed on my K-3") was typed on a K-3 while on MobileRead.COM. I can log into MobileRead.MOBI from the K-3, but I can't quote or post.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Yay! I was beginning to think i was the only one.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
OPPS! The preceding ("None here. This was typed on my K-3") was typed on a K-3 while on MobileRead.COM. I can log into MobileRead.MOBI from the K-3, but I can't quote or post.
Ok, so to make sure I understood correctly, everything on mobileread.mobi works with the K3, only if you try to reply to a thread or write a new thread, you are not able to focus on the text box. Is that right?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Ok, so to make sure I understood correctly, everything on mobileread.mobi works with the K3, only if you try to reply to a thread or write a new thread, you are not able to focus on the text box. Is that right?
I can focus on it, but typing does nothing. (It's almost like it's acting like one of those text boxes that contain text, but you're not allowed to edit the text, just copy & paste it...)

EDIT: Were you talking to me or WT Sharpe?

Last edited by qlob; 08-09-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To both of you. Thanks for the detailed information, this is very useful. Will see what I can find out.
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #21
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I can focus on it, but typing does nothing. (It's almost like it's acting like one of those text boxes that contain text, but you're not allowed to edit the text, just copy & paste it...)

EDIT: Were you talking to me or WT Sharpe?
I tried again and same thing as you. Everything seems to work except I can't type in the text boxes when trying to compose a message.

Edit: The 'Title' box seems to work - the 'Message' box seems to be the problem.

Last edited by GeorgeH; 08-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
I tried again and same thing as you. Everything seems to work except I can't type in the text boxes when trying to compose a message.
Edit: The 'Title' box seems to work - the 'Message' box seems to be the problem.
The problem doesn't exist for the Kindle Touch. I'm typing this message on the Touch while connected on MobileRead.mobi; something that can't be done on the K-3.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Could you visit the following page with your K3 and see if any of the textarea boxes is accessible:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/kindle.html

(This is a dummy page so nothing will be submitted when you press the quick reply button.)
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #24
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Could you visit the following page with your K3 and see if any of the textarea boxes is accessible:

(This is a dummy page so nothing will be submitted when you press the quick reply button.)
I was able to enter text in all three boxes and when I hit the first 'Quick Reply' it appeared to accept it - all three boxes cleared.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
I was able to enter text in all three boxes and when I hit the first 'Quick Reply' it appeared to accept it - all three boxes cleared.
Seriously? That is very odd.

I did some small changes to mobileread.mobi. Could you try again with the K3?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #26
qlob
Official Lurker

Nothing... I got the same result with the website....
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Nothing... I got the same result with the website....
Hmmm. To clarify:

This page works in any of the three textarea boxes:

But this page doesn't work (textarea in reply box doesn't accept any text input):
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=186851

Thanks so much for your patience and for the testing.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
qlob
Official Lurker

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I was pressed for time at the time of posting.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Yes, sorry for the confusion. I was pressed for time at the time of posting.
NP. I am sorry it doesn't work yet.

Did some changes from another angle. When you have time to test it again...
Old 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
qlob
Official Lurker

Actually, I have my kindle right here... time to go test.