Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
saravanan.p
saravanan.p began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Post MathML

Hi to every one

I'm generating epub from XHTML, in XHTML file i have implement the mathml tag, it will shows in web browser but it is not showed in the EPUB. What i'm doing for show the MathML in epub.
saravanan.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
MathML is not part of the ePUB specs afak, so it will not work. I am afraid that you have to reside to images or text with sub- and superscripts if it is possible.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
saravanan.p

Thanks for your reply, but i know MathML is possible to load in epub but i don't know how to implement this
Old 08-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Again, MathML is not supported in ePUB at the moment. However, you can use a trick to include it. If you are lucky, it will render on your device. I would not get your hopes up, I think most readers will not support it. You could be lucky though.

I entered a search in google and the first hit was from Liza Daly describing the process. Link is here. For your information, the search I fed into Google was 'mathml epub'.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:52 AM   #5
saravanan.p

Yes the epub reader didn't support MathML. I'm getting this information from below mentioned site

http://devblog.cnx.org/2010_08_01_archive.html
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
saravanan.p

Yes It is not possible
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanan.p View Post
Thanks for your reply, but i know MathML is possible to load in epub but i don't know how to implement this
Sure, you can use it, you can use whatever you want in an ePUB. But if it's not in the specification, there are slim chances any reading software will support it. Even some things in the specification are largely unsupported by reading software.

MathML, as Toxaris says, is not in the specification, so if any reader supports it, it will probably be just a lucky side effect of using some rendering library. I believe, however, that it will be included in the ePUB 3 specification, so there might be hope for the future, but the ePUB 3 specification is not finished, not officially released, and there are no ePUB 3 readers yet.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #8
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

You may have a look here. http://writer2latex.sourceforge.net/
The 1.1.8 stable version has just been released today.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #9
saravanan.p

If it is possible can you explain the procedure to implement the MathML into EPUB
Old 08-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravanan.p View Post
If it is possible can you explain the procedure to implement the MathML into EPUB
I'm sorry. I am NOT a MathML user. I would suggest to write to the author of Writer2latex, Henrik Just. I think that if somebody can answer your question, he'll probably be the one:

Writer2xhtml

Writer2xhtml converts documents into XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1 or XHTML 1.1+MathML 2.0 with CSS2. This provides standards-compliant XHTML and brings your math to the web.

New: In addition, Writer2xhtml converts documents into EPUB format for reading on a variety of devices.

Keep us informed if you find there your solution.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Epub 3 will support MathML but Epub 2 (current version) does not. Check our wiki for MathML there is a program that can convert MathML to SVG which ePub does support.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote