Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The operator >> is undefined for the argument type(s) float, float

okay so I think I understand the problem

Java: 1.4.blah

bitwise operators aren't overloaded to comprehend int >> float and vice versa

thought's?

code:

floatA >> 0 & 0x1 results in

Quote:
The operator >> is undefined for the argument type(s) float, float

SO...

Do I need to include a relevant library to provide overloaded maths operators? if so anyone have any suggestions on such wonders?

Or perhaps overload the function myself if that is allowed, AFAIK it is.

Or some third option involving doofy syntax errors, or just good old fashioned lack of understanding.

Reading up on stack overflow etc.. and reffing the java 1.4.2

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/...eredImage.html

Personal basis

http://docs.oracle.com/javame/config...217/index.html

and

KDK 1.3

https://kdk-javadocs.s3.amazonaws.com/1.3/index.html

For general reference while I get up to speed.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did consider casting solutions but they don't seem likely to make this go away. but I could be wrong.

the ultimate goal is to derive two ints

[thisIsJustAnIndicationOfTheVariableType]

one:

[float] + [int] >> 1 & 0x1 * [float]

two:

[float] + [int] >> 0 & 0x1 * [float]

which I assume is a 3d rotation matrix wangle of some kind from the look of it.

ta very much.

AND YES. I am gurgling it like a good little dev: Go go google

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
bitwise operators are only defined for types on which they make sense

(and no, operators cannot be overloaded in Java).

what are you trying to achieve?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Like ixtab said, I don't think bitwise operations make much sense on floats... (And FWIW, a C/C++ compiler would also throw the same kind of error: don't ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-05-2012 at 10:30 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
twobob

well. yeah. I cant deny it's a puzzler.
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
twobob

ho well. looks like I'll have to roll all the maths out by hand and rework it then.
sigh.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... or you could just use jad and only fix a few minor hickups that it produces - check your PMs
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
twobob

have done! will do!

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
... I don't think bitwise operations make much sense on floats... (And FWIW, a C/C++ compiler would also throw the same kind of error: don't ).
I have used bitwise operators on floats in C. There are some really efficient "magic algorithms" that use that trick. But you may need to tell the compiler not to choke on it.

For example, take a look at these:
http://aggregate.org/MAGIC/#Absolute Value of a Float
http://aggregate.org/MAGIC/#Comparison of Float Values

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
twobob

yeah. I more or less figured that is what was happening.

Oh joy, I get to learn another languages minutia again, that's 3 in the last two months.
Might need a quick break since I have no freaking idea how to patch back together the loops jad has dumped and my head hurts now after a 48 hour stint of fanning another aspect of ecplipse into actual useful service.

Any Java developers want to jump in? feel free. : )
Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geekmaster: Yes, but that implies changing data types (a double) . There's indeed a bunch of workaround/tricks in C/C++ if you really want to do it, but they all imply switching data types/playing with the representation of a float. I just meant that you can't do bitwise ops on the float data type 'as-is' .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foof, java, kindle3, kindlet, programming