Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Having trouble creating a custom column

I'm trying to create a custom column that shows the series name if it exists, one of two tags if they exist, or "other". I have created this:

program:
first_non_empty(
field(‘series’),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Next","Next", ""),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Soon","Soon", ""),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Favorites","Favorites",""),
"Other"
)

If I take out the series line and the other line it works. If I include those lines I get a template error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:49 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I'm trying to create a custom column that shows the series name if it exists, one of two tags if they exist, or "other". I have created this:

program:
first_non_empty(
field(‘series’),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Next","Next", ""),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Soon","Soon", ""),
str_in_list( field('tags'),",", "_Favorites","Favorites",""),
"Other"
)

If I take out the series line and the other line it works. If I include those lines I get a template error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The "series" line is using forward and backward apostrophes. They should both be straight.

The template will run faster if you fetch the tags once, as in
Code:
program:
	t = field('tags');
	first_non_empty(
		field('series'),
		str_in_list(t, ",",	"_Next","Next",	""),
		str_in_list(t, ",",	"_Soon","Soon",	""),	
		str_in_list(t, ",",	"_Favorites","Favorites",""), 
               "Other"
	)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Thanks very much. I can always count on you.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote