Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
Maverick1962
Maverick1962 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD8
Amazon Fire e-Books onto documents folder of Kindle folder

This may sound like a daft question,but if you dont ask,you wont know.
I have a fair few DRM free e-Books which I have converted to MOBI format.

When I use Calibre to send the books to my Amazon Fire the books always go into the documents folder,however,there is also a Kindle folder.

Is there any benefit to my putting the books into the Kindle folder? is there any difference,does it really matter where they are so long as they are on my tablet & I can read them?
Maverick1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
try it and see, but it shouldn't matter,

FYI I think I created a root level "books "folder to put mine is, but it was a while ago, and I move them wirelesssly

also, IIRC, the Fires do not like books being organised into separate calibre style subfolder, it needs a single folder full of books
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert