Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
Amy44
Amy44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Can't get metadata for EPUB for Nook

Can't get metadata for EPUB for Nook.

Configuration: PC Win 7. Not sure if this is part of problem, but I we have 2 separate user accounts - both updated to Calibre 0.7.15. One account is set up for the Kindle - this was the original account. Now my son has purchased a nook and is trying to set up calibre on his separate user account on the same PC. I have had some problems with the Kindle account getting metadata - it often shows none, but sometimes it works. But I can cut and paste from Amazon if I have to.

I can get covers on both.

On EPUB nook account, can import book but when go to add metadata I get the following message - "No metadata found, try adjusting the title & author or the ISBN key. " Title and author match book - got a new ISBN key for this calibre nook account to see if that would help. Still the same. The error message blocks any cutting and pasting.

I have downloaded the User Guide, but the Section on editing E-book Metadata is blank.

I see I have several plugins for metadate which seem to be enabled.

I am a big fan of Calibre and hope I can get it working for both e readers.

Any help or advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you
Amy
Amy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Try using the ISBN for one of the print versions of the book. Each ebook is given it's own ISBN and often metadata services don't include them.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Amy44
Amy44 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Thanks, it worked. Went to Amazon and got a print ISBN and pasted it in and got metadata.

I appreciate your help.

Sincerely
Amy
Amy44 is offline   Reply With Quote