Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Is there a corporate email we could use to suggest a change to this policy?
The Pocketbook-USA site that the Pocketbook Global site points you to has this contact info...

Quote:
PocketBook USA

7113 W 135th St, Ste.426
Overland Park, KS 66223

ph. +1 8773260196
fax. +1 913 499 6943

sales@pocketbook-usa.com
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Pocketbook-USA site that the Pocketbook Global site points you to has this contact info...
Is that distributor contact info, or corporate HQ contact info? It sounds like complaining to the distributors will have no impact.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Is that distributor contact info, or corporate HQ contact info? It sounds like complaining to the distributors will have no impact.
Since the site doesn't actually sell and directs you to various retailers I'd say it's the US HQ.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #19
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Since the site doesn't actually sell and directs you to various retailers I'd say it's the US HQ.
Makes sense. I'll give it a try
Old 06-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #20
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
This is the PocketBook USA HQ contact info.

Good luck!

Last edited by tvpupsik; 06-28-2010 at 05:00 PM.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #21
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Folks,

Though PocketBook-USA does not support this refund thing at this moment, we thought it would be proper to make some kind of nice gesture to those who purchased PBs one month prior to the price-cut.

We don't know yet what we're going to do, but it will be something non-monetary and interesting. And since we're very open company, I'd ask you, folks, what YOU think would be the best to make you feel good about PB (money excluding):

- a gift certificate for 2-3 free books from our online book store that will be put up soon. Well, not VERY soon, but, hopefully, by this September...;
- some accessories like SD cards, leather covers, etc;
- free dictionaries...;
- your own ideas?
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #22
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The dictionary pack that's coming is extra cost for existing customers, right?
That would roughly balance the books.

(Or give'em a coupon/code good for any of the three.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
maxbookworm
Addict

A store credit of some sort for the price difference would be lovely. I'd be willing to wait for the online book store. Thanks for hearing our voices
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 AM   #24
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
so, are you saying the Europeans were effectively overpaying all the time?
No, it only means that our manufacturer has dropped his prices, but that this drop isn't even nearly enough to catch the rise caused by the high dollar (or low euro, depending on the perspective). We keep the old prices only by our distributors accepting a smaller profit margin (thanks guys) and by us doing the same.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #25
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Still costing about 300$ in Europe [the PB 360], of course. With no falling prices in sight.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
That's great!

Is there any chance of refunds for those of us who've ordered in the past 30 days?

ETA: Amazon did this for Kindle buyers, btw
I think big difference here is that for Amazon main business is selling books. It does not really matter to them whether they make any profit from Kindle since every sold Kindle will boost their book sales.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #27
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Still costing about 300$ in Europe [the PB 360], of course. With no falling prices in sight.
Has anyone counted what it costs to order Kindle or Nook to Europe if you include shipping and taxes (EDIT: and toll)? 360 is 239 € with post included when ordered from Germany.

It doesn't make sense to compare to straight USA prices since you can not get it for that price. (Unless you travel to USA for some other reason in which case you obviously should buy all electronics there.)

Last edited by Kameli; 06-30-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #28
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Well, there's the issue of sales tax, I grant you that, but it varies from country to country (or state to state in the US, I understand). It still does not even begin to account for the differences in sales price. Local (!) shipping costs also apply in most cases, I don't know how you can seriously add costs of shipping to Europe (!) to your figure.

Make no mistake: if shipping from the US + taxes would result in a substantially lower price I'd certainly buy there. With the recent price cuts for the American market we're pretty much there. All that aside what I'm seeing is that list prices are slashed by 15% in the US with no similar mobility in the European market. Put bluntly, it pisses me off ever so slightly and makes me look even harder at alternative options.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #29
Kameli
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Put bluntly, it pisses me off ever so slightly and makes me look even harder at alternative options.
I bought my PB360 because it was about same price than any alternative I could get when all costs were taken in account. If I was looking for reader now I would really hesitate buying it.

There seems to be 3 problems atm:
1: Price in Europe is high
2. There is lot of different badly working PB:s reported on forum.
3. We are still waiting for stable new firmware.

With these problems PB is currently not very attractive choice. Meanwhile I am satisfied of one I got but I would not recommend buying one until I see price cut, new stable firmware and some of the broken ones fixed with warranty.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #30
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
I bought my PB360 because it was about same price than any alternative I could get when all costs were taken in account. If I was looking for reader now I would really hesitate buying it.

There seems to be 3 problems atm:
1: Price in Europe is high
2. There is lot of different badly working PB:s reported on forum.
3. We are still waiting for stable new firmware.

With these problems PB is currently not very attractive choice. Meanwhile I am satisfied of one I got but I would not recommend buying one until I see price cut, new stable firmware and some of the broken ones fixed with warranty.
1: Agreed. But in the States the 360 is currently sold at a loss. Na way you can maintain service, support and software dev like that.
2.True. We do replace broken PBs whenever they show up except when the screen is broken. In this case we repair for no profit.
3. True. Our new firmware is being worked on. We check the quality very thoroughly to make sure that there's no other disaster.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote