Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
new kindle update 1.2, changes to Experimental

Hi,

My Kindle crashed (a rare occurrence) so on reset I thought I'd check the updates. Lo and behold, a new update in the form of 1.2 arrived, but I noticed gone now is that NowNow, mechanical turk kindle answerer thingy. The Experimental section just lists Basic Web and Play Music.

I also noticed the menu now says:' Sync and Check for new items' when it used to just be 'check for new items'. I wonder if that 'sync' was just a play on words or there is some upcoming functionality for us early Kindle adopters.

Other than that I haven't noticed much difference, and I'm still lovin' my old K1.

Anyone else notice any differences?

ps i just entered the contest for a Kindle 2 for the missus, if i win, I'll post the firmware differences
huari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
ugh, I missed the memo.

sorry about that, I redirect all to this thread
huari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by huari View Post
I also noticed the menu now says:' Sync and Check for new items' when it used to just be 'check for new items'. I wonder if that 'sync' was just a play on words or there is some upcoming functionality for us early Kindle adopters.
That is the new whispersync feature. It has been discussed in other threads. It allows you to sync your position in a book with another Kindle (and possibly soon to be cell phones.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, update