Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #31
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Actually i have an idea to work with.
I made a script which connects to a secured network independently from the kindle connection manager.
It's still in testing phase, and now i have no time to work on it, but i think i can use kual to connect to the network(s) i want (and when i want) by calling this script
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #32
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I know if you delete your network password from the kindle, it gives you options.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #33
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, but as i written before, i don't want to re-enter password and (if any) static ip configuration every time
Old 05-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Actually i have an idea to work with.
I made a script which connects to a secured network independently from the kindle connection manager.
It's still in testing phase, and now i have no time to work on it, but i think i can use kual to connect to the network(s) i want (and when i want) by calling this script
Super! (en_IBM)

I am still busy with my project to modify a Kindle case -
to better hold a serial port connector.

I only pass by the computer here during 'break times'
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:41 AM   #35
encol
Evangelist

Ok i made a KUAL extension for those (like me) wants to choose whether to connect and to what network to connect if there are more than 1 known networks (each with its configuration)

If you want to use it (for now) you have to do some editing:

1) unzip archive
2) edit menu.json file to change the name/number of known networks (change "Network1","Network2",... as you want)
3) edit bin/conn_ctrl.sh to change your networks KEYS/SSIDs (and if you want to assign a static ip/gateway decomment (and edit for your needs) the 6 lines between iw wlan0 link and echo "done")
4) copy connection_control folder in your kual extensions folder
5) remove all the networks you want to prevent auto-connect from the kindle settings UI

NB: keys are stored in the script as clear-text. Later (if i'll find time/fancy ) i'll do some form of encryption
Attached Files
File Type: zip connection_control.zip (1.7 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by encol; 05-26-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Advert

Tags
kual wifi