Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Raklorian
Raklorian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Output Profile for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

Hello,

I am currently attempting to use calibre to convert some manga that is in the cbz format to AZW3 to view on my Kindle Fire HDX 8.9".

However, when I view the converted file on my Kindle, it is too small. I have narrowed this down to being because none of the output profiles have a big enough resolution (1600x2560). The biggest one in the write dimensions being the nook HD (1080x1920?). Using this output profile I'm able to get a reasonably sized image, but not as big as I would like(readability)

How would I go about solving this problem? I've been searching but I can't find an appropriate output profile.

Thanks a ton
Raklorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
I believe the Tablet profile doesn't resize images.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
IMHO using Perfect Viever is better idea than converting images for KDHX.

Our Kindle Comic Converter have KDHX output profiles too but I'm not convinced that this model need any conversion. If you will try KCC I have two tips for you:
- Disable High/Ultra quality as high quality zooming is not needed on machine with this resolution.
- Enable Strech/Upscale if you want images use full screen. I'm quite sure that your source images are smaller than KHDX resolution.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 12-17-2013 at 04:04 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
Raklorian

Thanks for the responses,

Jimmy: I need it to make the images the size of the screen, otherwise they are waaaayyy too small.

Acidweb: Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a shot!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Raklorian

KCC works amazingly!

Thank you!!
Advert

Tags
hdx, image size, kindle, manga, output