Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Strange T1 behaviour ....

Bit odd - I had a book loaded from Gutenberg, read it, fine , been keeping it on as it is a real eyeopener in a way (Traits of the Irish Peasantry", when I noticed I had two copies. I "Deleted" one of them - or thought I had !
I then noticed that the book(s) were both being "removed" , and taking a long time to do so - but not just the strange double entry that I don't know about, but the another 5 copies that seem to have migrated in without me doing anything !
Currently 11 hours and all are being " removed" still - or not, should we say.....

Any ideas out there please ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I have had this same thing happen for non-Sony Store books I have sideloaded. I ended up deleting the book database on the reader and letting it recreate. That fixed it for a little bit but I had to do it a second time for another book.
--MH

Last edited by dynabook; 03-23-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Has the T1 been properly ejected by Calibre or the OS?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Sorry JS, but, umm... ejected? You mean disconnected safely/correctly ? if so yes, I'm sure.

And....

" .......I ended up deleting the book database on the reader and letting it recreate. That fixed it for a little bit ..........."

Way above my knowledge base - I think !
Would I, Mr. TechDunce, be safe trying to do this ?
And how, which is even more to the point !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote