Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
aseid28
aseid28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't get images in Mobi to work

Hi guys,

Beginner using Mobi here.

I imported my .htm ebook file into Mobi. The folder that MS Word created when I saved as a .htm is untouched (with the 8 images I need inside). I import the .htm, add my cover art, so far so good. I hit build-- Mobi can't find the images.

How can I show it where the images are?

Thanks,

Andrew

PS: I'm sorry, Im sure you guys get a million of this exact question but I couldn't find a good answer anywhere.
aseid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I assume that you are talking about Mobipocket Creator. After you import the main file, under Publication Files, on the left you will see "Add file" under "Available actions". Import all the image files there. Then, do the build.

Edited to add: also, make sure that the image links are correct. Usually, no directory name is used.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, you do NOT add the image files to the manifest in a Mobi book; if you do that, you'll end up with the images present in the book twice.

Simply use Windows Explorer to manually copy the image files into whatever folder you've put the HTML file in.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Maybe it's a function of what directory my images were originally in, but I've had to tell Mobipocket Creator to add images, and not had them show up twice.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
nonsequito
nonsequito began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
[QUOTE=HarryT;1785130]No, you do NOT add the image files to the manifest in a Mobi book; if you do that, you'll end up with the images present in the book twice.

Hi. I created an ePub in InDesign, translated it to Mobi with Calibre (I'm on a Mac), and found all is well except the pictures: each picture has a copy of itself pushing up behind it.

So, I removed all jpegs from the manifest, as you suggest, but the problem remains.

Is there another step I can take?

BTW, the ePub works fine on iPad.
Thanks.
nonsequito is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
kerie
kerie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App
Hi found the following site which helped me greatly I was having the same problem.
http://kindleformatting.com/formatting.php
Hope it helps
kerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
AThirstyMind
A Thirsty Mind
AThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with othersAThirstyMind plays well with others

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone
As long as your image files, "mybook_files" folder is in the same folder as your "mybook.html" on your computer, you don't have to do anything to get MobiPocket to include your images. I've never had a problem and I've converted almost 100 books in the last few months. Just make sure your "html" shows the proper links for those images.
AThirstyMind is offline   Reply With Quote