Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #736
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@ nitrobg, sebliminal : Have either of you tried your questions on the Duokan site. They do have an English language mailing list.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #737
nitrobg
nitrobg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
@ nitrobg, sebliminal : Have either of you tried your questions on the Duokan site. They do have an English language mailing list.
I can't locate any email for contact on their website.
nitrobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #738
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
I can't locate any email for contact on their website.
Very first post of this very thread, open the spoiler about: "to report a bug" for one of the English mailing lists.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #739
lmntcrans
lmntcrans began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Duokan root passwd?

What is the root password for Duokan?

I own the device, I should have root access.
It seems absurd that I'd even have to mention it.
lmntcrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #740
knc1
Going Viral

Perhaps ask on the Duokan web site?
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #741
sebliminal
sebliminal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Good idea. Will go look there thanks!
sebliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 AM   #742
chaplin89
chaplin89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebliminal View Post
Just installed R6.2 on my Kindle Touch - using Google Translate and a bit of guesswork, I've found the setting that has a dropdown to change language:

However, it seems to be greyed out; I've checked in the install folder on the Kindle and there is an English.txt file in the language folder; any ideas how I can get it in English?

Thanks
No way...English.txt seems like a placeholder for a future version, but now it is totally useless. I tried many way with no results. The language, actually, seems to be hard-wired in the OS. I suggest to administrators to specify this in the 1st post.

Last edited by chaplin89; 09-28-2012 at 05:11 AM.
chaplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #743
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobg View Post
I have noticed a font smoothing issue in Duokan 2012 on K4NT, it's been there since I remember it.
The fonts are displayed extremely crispy and I haven't found a way to fix it. It's like the book is being printed with the printer running out of ink.
Hi,
just read my post 687. Duokan 2012 has this issue, while previous versions for the Kindle 3 Keyboard did not have it. That's why I still use my old Kindle and old Duokan. It provides just much better contrast and a real black on white experience. I really like Duokan and I hope the integrate the old greyscale option in Duokan 2012 one day.
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #744
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
I have on my duokan the version

202.09.17.15754.rtm

when i try, by wifi, to check if there is an upgrade the answer is ever "NO UPGRADE"

it happens only to me ?
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #745
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
I have on my duokan the version

202.09.17.15754.rtm

when i try, by wifi, to check if there is an upgrade the answer is ever "NO UPGRADE"

it happens only to me ?
Yes, the Duokan developers have targeted you and your machine for the installation of "upgrade" problems.

More realistically, consider "operator error" at your side of the upgrade process.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #746
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
if you worried about the update last week, they didn't use OTA for it. They began to release updates only on odd weeks as OTA updates. Updates which are released on even weeks will appear on the forum only.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #747
knc1
Going Viral

Interesting that their version numbers end with the extension: .rtm (Read the manual).
Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #748
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Yes, the Duokan developers have targeted you and your machine for the installation of "upgrade" problems.

More realistically, consider "operator error" at your side of the upgrade process.
you’re a bundle of fun

Quote:
They began to release updates only on odd weeks as OTA updates. Updates which are released on even weeks will appear on the forum only.
there is a rule, I am not targeted, I'm in the wrong week
don't you know it? RTFM

Last edited by goofy01; 09-29-2012 at 04:32 AM.
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #749
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Just reinstalled Doukan R5.4.

R6.3 tend to forget where I was reading in EPUB. I'm not going to update again if not big improvement in future editions. PDF support still need to refine.

R5.4 was stable enough for me. It did not freeze or restart
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #750
flisak79
flisak79 began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Push to Kindle supports sending to Duokan

http://www.keyvan.net/2012/10/push-to-kindle-duokan/
flisak79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf