Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can Calibre Leave Books Where They Are?

If I have an eBook directory on my PC:

eBook Library/Fiction/Suspense/Baldacci/The Camel Club.epub

Can I have Calibre convert that epub to mobi format and leave both copies in the original directory, without creating any new folders?

Thanks.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
If I have an eBook directory on my PC:

eBook Library/Fiction/Suspense/Baldacci/The Camel Club.epub

Can I have Calibre convert that epub to mobi format and leave both copies in the original directory, without creating any new folders?

Thanks.
Use the CLI and standalone:
ebook-convert input_file output_file [options]
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Use the CLI and standalone:
ebook-convert input_file output_file [options]
I would be happy to do that if I had any idea what it meant - which means I probably shouldn't do it
Old 03-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I would be happy to do that if I had any idea what it meant - which means I probably shouldn't do it
What that does is Forces Calibre to convert a book totally outside it's normal Library storage structure.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Sorry, CLI= command line interface, which means to type "cmd" in the run box of Windows to open a terminal session, a.k.a. dos box, a.k.a. command window then type:
ebook-convert c:\book1.lit c:\book1.epub
for book1.lit located on the root of the C: drive to convert it from lit to epub. This runs the standalone version of one of the modules that makes up Calibre. (The book-convert module.) Add options as necessary.

Is that a little more clear?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-07-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Desertway
Addict

That's "a lot" more clear. Thanks.