Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
jlafloridausa
jlafloridausa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Access Sony E-book Library Problem - Fixed

Access to Sony e-Book Library -Fixed!!
Sony Tech Support Fixed the "unable to access ..." problem. It worked even with my Norton Internet Protection on! My machine runs under MS XP.
I finally got through to the Sony tech support tier 2 tech support geeks at 866-385-7669. A guy named Glen took control of my computer and made some changes in a script - I have no idea what he did. But after he made the changes I was able to access the Sony e-book site and library successfully and downloaded several e-books into my library.
Call the number above and tell who ever you get that a similar problem was fixed by Glen on 12/27/2008.
I hope this helps.
jlafloridausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Yay! I'm glad they got it fixed for you!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
I am happy for you, that they fixed your problem - but mine is still there and do not see the need to let somebody else dig into my computer. It's Sony's responsibility to fix a crap program, thats not functioning; If they will not do so, I guess a lot of people will give back their Christmas gifts. i will be one of them, I guess

Best Regards
Harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry001 View Post
I am happy for you, that they fixed your problem - but mine is still there and do not see the need to let somebody else dig into my computer. It's Sony's responsibility to fix a crap program, thats not functioning; If they will not do so, I guess a lot of people will give back their Christmas gifts. i will be one of them, I guess

Best Regards
Harry
I'm sure soon they will have the program fixed. With the influx of calls from the holidays, they'll be working on it.

Don't give up on your Reader yet!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlafloridausa View Post
Call the number above and tell who ever you get that a similar problem was fixed by Glen on 12/27/2008.
I hope this helps.
If only you knew what he did. Or could as him to write it up so that you could post it here. It might help several people.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If only you knew what he did. Or could as him to write it up so that you could post it here. It might help several people.

BOb
If someone still has this problem and is willing too, I think calling in (mention rescripting) and see if you can write it down.