Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #31
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Its just one of those random useless pieces of info that float around my brain...will try to do more search on the origins. Surely it has something to do with re-incarnation........
Who knows, maybe if we went into hypnosis for past lives regression, and then just stop at the point of just being born, then.........instant wisdom - also no being born.

I think that I'm going to have a Bex and a lie down (as they say in Australia).

I am going to stick to my guns - Miriam (Mary) and I would have a terrific conflab, with *chocolates and Tia Maria* and then all will be revealed.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #32
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Ignoring all those big, huge blokes and ladies (The Jesuses and Buddhas and the like)...

I think I'd like to spend a day with Friedrich Nietzsche. Just to see how that worked.

Short of that.... Ernest Becker or Abraham Joshua Heschel.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #33
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro

Hugues de Payens
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Leonardo da Vinci
Monet
The Venerable Bede
Confusius
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #35
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
for me Tesla or einstin. so they can be board out of there mind talking to somone who is so under there iq level. :Þ
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #36
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
To my list: Douglas Adams, and in a modern reinterpretation of the man from Porlock, prevent him going to the gymn that last time...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #37
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I would love to spend some time with the entity we encountered in 1972 in Denmark...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 AM   #38
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Leonardo Da Vinci.

The man was a marvel. To accomplish what he did, in the times that he lived, is beyond comprehension.

But thats just me.
Yup, me too! Just have to figure out the language issue.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #39
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I would love to spend some time with the entity we encountered in 1972 in Denmark...
Entity, eh? There's a story here, I'm sure of it. Google tells me that Deep Purple rocked out there that year. Was there another entity of interest?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #40
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
While the entity in Denmark in 1972 is a most interesting thought to follow.....

I would be far more interested in knowing more about the future. How about a brief visit there?
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
There are so many I would like to spend time with. Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, and Socrates are all are near the top of my list, but if I had to choose only one person, it would be Jesus of Nazareth. Of course, I would also need a Star Fleet Universal Translator, a crash course in first century Aramaic, or a Babble Fish in my ear so I could understand him.

So why Jesus? I find him fascinating. I think he was a religious genius who boldly introduced new ways of thinking about God. In a society that was bound to tradition and strict adherence to written scriptural mandates, he was progressive enough to say, “You have heard it said, an eye for an eye, but I say...” This is pretty radical stuff; apparently he was no Scriptural literalist.

There are so many things I’d like to know about him. Was he bi-polar? If his biographers are to have any credence, he could be magnanimous one moment and cursing fig trees the next. His own family thought he was off his rocker. Did he consider his mission to be a universal one, or only limited to Israel? In a patriarchal society, he dared to travel with women and count them among his followers. What were his personal views as to the role of women in society? How much of what we call Christianity originated with Jesus and how much originated with Paul? Would he even recognize his teachings in modern Christianity? Personally, as a non-Christian who has spent many years considering who Jesus was, I suspect that he and I would have more in common than he would have with your garden-variety Bible-believing fundamentalist—beginning with the fact that I don’t believe he was God Incarnate, and I don’t believe he did, either.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #42
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Abishag.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 AM   #43
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Myself - so I can talk me out of a few things
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #44
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Abishag.
Gesundheit! You should have your hardware given a good work over, Planet Head.

Okay, never mind that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #45
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Myself - so I can talk me out of a few things
Or into a few other things.

(Some of my biggest regrets are temptations to which I didn't yield!)
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote