Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #211
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
Here is a response directly from Terry.
Many thanks for that - I'm inclined to buy the book just for the courtesy of Terry's reply.

Sometimes in our eagerness to assert our rights as readers we can lose sight of the fact that the author has the right to regard a book s/he has sweated over as a work in its own right, not just a 'part' of something.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #212
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argel View Post
Many thanks for that - I'm inclined to buy the book just for the courtesy of Terry's reply.

Sometimes in our eagerness to assert our rights as readers we can lose sight of the fact that the author has the right to regard a book s/he has sweated over as a work in its own right, not just a 'part' of something.
I agree with Terry's assesment of WFR. It stands alone. Actually after I read it I had no idea there was more. There were no loose ends. The story ended well. It was only on a subsequent trip to the book store that I saw there were more novels set in the same universe with the same characters. Hence my 12 year journey with the Sword of Truth.

I highly recommend WFR! Even if that is the only one in the "series" that you read.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #213
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
LOL, Pizza money! and you guys wonder why there are not more e-books!
With respect, I think you're missing the point. With Amazon ebook sales running at 12% compared to pbook sales of the same work, obviously ebook royalties are a fraction of those for pbooks - it has little or nothing to do with royalty rates.

On the other hand, ebook sales are growing exponentially - which is certainly not true of pbooks. You may not think a 12% hike in income for no extra work is significant but many of us would. And next year it will be more...
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #214
Argel
Opinionated [but right]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I highly recommend WFR! Even if that is the only one in the "series" that you read.
I'll take your word for it and wait with bated breath for it to appear in a format I can read!

Oops, isn't that where we came in?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #215
Zedd
Enthusiast
Zedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argel View Post
I'll take your word for it and wait with bated breath for it to appear in a format I can read!

Oops, isn't that where we came in?
lol, yes it is. And yes you will get it in other formats.
Zedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #216
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
lol, yes it is. And yes you will get it in other formats.
Once the Amazon deal is up, what other formats will WFR appear in?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #217
Zedd
Enthusiast
Zedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enoughZedd will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Once the Amazon deal is up, what other formats will WFR appear in?

I have no idea. I do not work for the company that manufactures the e-books.

Why not ask them?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #218
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Zedd: Thanks for the info. We really appreciate it. And thanks to Terry for taking the time to give us a great response.

Just to chime in on the whole "series" discussion:

As someone who has the whole Sword of Truth series in pback format, I will definitely buy WFR as soon as it is available in mobipocket format. I look forward to watching for the rest of the series to follow and will buy each of them as they become available.

I will say though that if I had not already read the series, I would wait for the rest to come out before buying WFR. Even though I agree with Terry that WFR stands on it's own, if I like the characters and story (and let me just say that WFR rocks!) then I WANT to read the rest. I agree with a previous poster that said the pback buying phase of my life is over.

Thanks again Zedd.
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #219
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Interesting a very long on-going discussion...
Goodkind XXXX

Topic number 40. A new topic starts when a current reaches 20 pages I think...they absolutely love him!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #220
Zedd
Enthusiast

wow, I will lose all respect for this board if you are going to pronote that hell hole.

I have no problem with people not liking Terry's books, but those guys are the worst sort of internet trolls.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #221
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
wow, I will lose all respect for this board if you are going to promote that hell hole.

I have no problem with people not liking Terry's books, but those guys are the worst sort of internet trolls.
Do not worry, we are not going to be promoting that forum. All we'll have here is a link to it in this thread.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #222
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Is Wizards First Rule going to be available in other formats for other reading devices other than the Kindle come February 21, 2009? That will be the day after the six month exclusive deal is over. There should be no reason it should not be available in other formats on that date. There is plenty of time between now and then to get it ready to go.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #223
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
We can just hope. I guess it will also depend on the sales it got in Amazon.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #224
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
We can just hope. I guess it will also depend on the sales it got in Amazon.
It would have had a lot better sales had it not been an Amazon exclusive. So I hope they don't base their decision to release it in all the other formats on a bad decision.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #225
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
If sales at Amazon were not what was hoped, it might well be because they only released the first book. There are a lot of Kindle users who really hate starting a series with only the first book available.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!