Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 09:04 PM   #1
BookMan5675
BookMan5675 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad; OneDrive
Error - 'Send to Device' w/ custom template

Hello,

I setup my own subject within Calibre with the '#genre' guide. Everything seems to be working correctly inside calibre. I now have my own drop down menu based on subject. See my images below on Imgur. Sorry new member.

My 'send to device' is pointed to a folder inside OneDrive, allowing me to get eBooks to my iPad. I set up a template under preferences -> 'Sending books to devices' menu. It's set up to create folders under the #subject, but there seems to be some error because some folders are missing characters after they are created. See image below.

Below is my template code. This error also happened with my algebra category, but I deleted all the subitems with that book and reuploaded it, and it then created the folder correctly in my OneDrive. But alas, it came back with another subitem! I even changed all my #subjects to lowercase, thinking it was some error because of capitalization, but that didn't fix anything.

/{#subject:subitems(0,2)}/{title} - {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

Anyone have an Idea of why this is happening or how to fix it? Is there somewhere else I need to update this subject field besides edit Metadata?

Imgur link for images. https://imgur.com/a/nXjvcHU

Thanks!

Last edited by BookMan5675; 10-02-2022 at 09:07 PM.
BookMan5675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It will be because of max path length limitations.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert