Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 06:47 AM   #31
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I suspect the moment we post the next exploit it will be a fork in the path of the iLiad...
I'm looking forward to a life of joy :-)

However, it would be great if we'd have a complete backup-restore cycle to cover up all changes made. Or a way to track and undo really all changes we made to the system.
Just in case that iRex turns out to be an even worse player and would deny hardware-warranty if we changed the software.

It's unfortunate if a company's early adopters have to start dividing the world in US (customers, users, potential customers) and THEM (the company). I'd like to shove the cluetrain manifest into one of their body cavities, but that might be too NewEconomysh.

Last edited by k2r; 11-15-2006 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Typo
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #32
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I have no idea what you are hinting at Scotty, but I seriously look forward to finding out...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM   #33
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I have no idea what you are hinting at Scotty, but I seriously look forward to finding out...:-)

Scotty and tribble definately have a sekrit (sic) that they dont want to share with us just yet for some obivious reason (big brother is watching over MR's shoulders you know)

I'm just as curious what it is, but i assume it'll be worth the wait.

Anyways thatnks yokos for your extremely detailed guide. Even i should be able to install the shell thingy now

Looking forward to playing with scotty's wonderful toys!
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote