Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #2281
hevreka
hevreka began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3 / Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 8)
Hiya i am having some problems with FFDL when i try to download a storie.

i Get This From FFDL :

Status // Title // Author // Comment // URL
Error // Harry Potter: The Lone Traveller // The Professional // 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 41: invalid start byte //
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2673584/1/

the "//" i put in the Error text to help see the string and not make it a blurrr.

I Would Liket to say that FFDL save me a lot of hassle when flagfic whent down for ff.net.

My Best Regards
Hevreka
Old 12-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #2282
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevreka View Post
Hiya i am having some problems with FFDL when i try to download a storie.

i Get This From FFDL :

Status // Title // Author // Comment // URL
Error // Harry Potter: The Lone Traveller // The Professional // 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 41: invalid start byte //
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2673584/1/

the "//" i put in the Error text to help see the string and not make it a blurrr.

I Would Liket to say that FFDL save me a lot of hassle when flagfic whent down for ff.net.

My Best Regards
Hevreka
I know this is going to be asked. Which version of Calibre and FFDL are you using, and on which OS?

Calibre 1.16 and FFDL 1.8.5 on Windows 7 have no problems with that URL.
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #2283
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
I know this is going to be asked. Which version of Calibre and FFDL are you using, and on which OS?

Calibre 1.16 and FFDL 1.8.5 on Windows 7 have no problems with that URL.
Yep. Works fine for me, too. Make sure you (hevreka) have the latest version of both plugin and calibre.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #2284
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi, I was curious to know if the Angst Archive could be added to the list of archives FFDL plugin supports? It's an efiction archive so I'm not sure if I'd need to make code changes on the archive to make this happen?

Last edited by Amalthia; 12-22-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link to the archive.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #2285
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi, I was curious to know if the Angst Archive could be added to the list of archives FFDL plugin supports? It's an efiction archive so I'm not sure if I'd need to make code changes on the archive to make this happen?
663 stories and no updates on their Recent list. Plus, from the front page:
Quote:
The Angst Archive
otherwise known as the issues of consent archive
If you do not like stories containing physical and/or psychological abuse, and non-consensual sex. Please find another archive.
If somebody else wants to write an adapter for it, I'll include it. But I'm not interested in doing it.
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #2286
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Thanks for giving it consideration. It's an older archive.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 AM   #2287
Feynor
Enthusiast

FF.net have made a little change that breaks the adapter.
(The URL for fictionratings in line 160 of adapter_fanfictionnet.py needs to be changed to https)

Jim, I pushed the change on Hg. I hope you don't mind.

Happy Holidays

Edit: Removed obsolete build

Last edited by Feynor; 12-23-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #2288
Feynor
Enthusiast

Is there a way to "enhance" FFDL to only download new chapters?
FF.net is getting very slow when downloading something like this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5681042/1/
(75 chapters)
Caveat: This would, of course, mean that existing chapters wouldn't be updated.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #2289
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
Is there a way to "enhance" FFDL to only download new chapters?
FF.net is getting very slow when downloading something like this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5681042/1/
(75 chapters)
Caveat: This would, of course, mean that existing chapters wouldn't be updated.
I think that's what the "Update EPUB if new chapters" option is for.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #2290
Feynor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
I think that's what the "Update EPUB if new chapters" option is for.
Hmmm, I'll have to have a look at that option next time I run into a long story. I have seen it of course, but read the "if" literally.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #2291
BaconButty
Connoisseur
BaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enoughBaconButty will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 & iPad Mini & Galaxy Tab10
Thumbs up Thank You!

Quote:
FF.net have made a little change that breaks the adapter.
(The URL for fictionratings in line 160 of adapter_fanfictionnet.py needs to be changed to https)

Jim, I pushed the change on Hg. I hope you don't mind.

Happy Holidays
This resolved the problem for me.
Thank you
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #2292
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
So I am getting this after attempting to add a fic to the library (brand new not in library at all) from fanfiction.net

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4854949/1/

And I get the same error when trying to update an existing file

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'string'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6568400/1/

Last edited by leckadams; 12-23-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #2293
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Replace your existing plugin with the zip-archive above from Feynor, FanFiction has tweaket ist code, again....

Would be nice if there was an update of the versions number so calibre installs the new version itselfs, I have searched where the plugin is stored, i Tought ist was somewhere in the caliber order, it wasnt, it was somewehere in the settigs directory of the User.

Last edited by McHunter; 12-23-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #2294
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
I know that in an earlier post it shows you how to do so, but I odn' tknow where that is...how do i update with the zip drive?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #2295
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.8.06 - 23 Dec 2013
  • Fix for latest ffnet change.
  • Additional sleep added to ffnet metadata downloads.
  • New site: literotica.com. Thanks to de3sw2aq1.
  • Tweak to htmlheuristics for literotica.com (unicode vs str).

I was going to wait until next week for this update, but ffnet had other ideas.

After 3 years, one of my favorite stories has finished: In Flight by gabriel blessing
Highly recommended.
Closed Thread