Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
imnew
imnew began at the beginning.

Device: currently using th55
Can I still get a brand new 505?

Currently I'm using th55. The screen is too small for long-time reading. I'm considering buying a 505. Is it still available?

Thanks, I'm new here. This is my very first post.
imnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
If you're really lucky, yes. I'm not sure where to get them, though.

I think my local Walmart still has some.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Somewhere in Canada was selling them online as of a couple of days ago. To save my life I couldn't tell you where, but maybe Google could. It was a link I found here on MR somewhere, so try a forum search.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, imnew.

I think it was future shop in Canada that was mentioned.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
imnew
imnew began at the beginning.

Device: currently using th55
Thank you guys. You're really kind.
imnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, imnew.

I think it was future shop in Canada that was mentioned.
It was mentioned here. Sorry, only shipped within Canada.
Price is back up to 299.95 CA$

Welcome to MobileRead.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
Look on ebay. I managed to get a used one for £120 but there are new ones on there too.
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead231 View Post
Look on ebay. I managed to get a used one for £120 but there are new ones on there too.
I loved my 505 so much that when Sony stopped making it I bought a second unit as a back-up.

I used ebay. Shopintheusa was selling it for $309USD back in November 2009. Shopintheusa provided excellent service but they seem to be out of stock now. Other sellers are now quoting ridiculously high prices such as $525USD.

I'm glad I bought the back-up. It's sitting in a cupboard untouched but I feel a lot less timid about taking my old and increasingly battered 505 on the road.

If I had to buy now, I think I would go for a cheaper but similar device.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
krismcewan
krismcewan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader PRS-505
Amazon has a few (ironically)

Fleabay has loads in various conditions from new
krismcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismcewan View Post
Amazon has a few (ironically)

Fleabay has loads in various conditions from new
Technically, it isn't Amazon, but their 3rd party "merchants" or whatever they call 'em. New ones are all in the $400 range. Used in the $200s.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote