Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
muesli08
muesli08 began at the beginning.

Device: none
t1 or t2

Hello everyone, sorry for my English. I need some advice, given the various difficulties of the root of the prs-t2, is better to take a new t2 or a used t1
muesli08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I would buy the cheapest as long as it was substantially cheaper.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
muesli08

So what? I'm taking a T1 used
Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Not enough difference that matters to say one is better than other. Price, button style, missing features in T2. It is a problem for Sony as many with T1 model have decided not worth upgrade with working T1. I feel Sony missed the boat by not selling smaller reader again to replace old failing smaller Sony readers or front lighted eink reader again.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Rooting

The T1 can be rooted very easily, and it will then run CoolReader, which gives much clearer text (for me, anyway) than the Sony App. As far as I can tell, this is not possible on the T2. The only problem with CR is that it doesn't give access to a dictionary -- at least I haven't figured how to get the access.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
I went ahead an purchased the T1 at the sony outlet store for $49 which included a free case. I liked the fact that the T1 includes audio support which the T2 doesn't.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
muesli08

Good price! I also bought a device used with the housing and the light and I'm glad, reads music files and on the internet is as fast as my smartphone! Needless t2