Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #16
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If you get E-mails from Google Play, be sure to check the latest one, it's got a unique code for a free copy of the movie Gravity!

They also have Steve Aoki's Neon Future I album for free as well. It's free to everyone, no code necessary.
Got the album, but the movie seems to be offered to select users only (I'm not one of them). I'm not sure what the criterion is.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
If you get E-mails from Google Play, be sure to check the latest one, it's got a unique code for a free copy of the movie Gravity!

They also have Steve Aoki's Neon Future I album for free as well. It's free to everyone, no code necessary.
Thanks for posting the offer

BTW, that album is the current Free Album of the Week. They give one away every week to anyone with a Google account.
Advert
Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Got the album, but the movie seems to be offered to select users only (I'm not one of them). I'm not sure what the criterion is.
I have two Google accounts. One is my primary email account and the other is used to set up Google Play on my Android devices. The code for the movie went to my Google Play account.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #19
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I got the email from Google yesterday and snapped up the movie because I haven't seen it and want to. Why not for free? If there was criterion it was the fact that I never buy anything from them. I do, however, get at least one free magazine delivered monthly. It is a fee digital issue with my subscription. And I will pick up the odd free song .
Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #20
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have two Google accounts. One is my primary email account and the other is used to set up Google Play on my Android devices. The code for the movie went to my Google Play account.
That sounds like a good theory. Random freebies like this is why I let them send me their weekly E-mails.
Advert
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #21
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
In order to get the Google freebies, you must have a credit or gift card on file, yes?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
In order to get the Google freebies, you must have a credit or gift card on file, yes?
No; I don't have a credit card on file at either of my Google accounts.

Under settings in the Google Play store:

Email Preferences
  • Keep me up to date with news and offers from Google Play.
  • I wish to receive email notifications when developers reply to my reviews of their applications.
Make sure you have the first option checked. One of my accounts has it checked and the other one doesn't. The code went to the checked account. Additionally, I've only made one purchase from Google involving money and that account did not get the code.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #23
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:

Email Preferences
  • I wish to receive email notifications when developers reply to my reviews of their applications.
Make sure you have the first option checked. One of my accounts has it checked and the other one doesn't. The code went to the checked account. Additionally, I've only made one purchase from Google involving money and that account did not get the code.
I don't see any email preferences. Is this on the play store on the device or the web?

Never mind, I found it on the website. I almost never go there.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 01-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I don't see any email preferences. Is this on the play store on the device or the web?
Web - login, go to the Play Store and hit the settings icon (gear) in the upper right. Then click Settings in the pop down menu. Email Preferences is at the bottom of the page.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #25
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:

Email Preferences
Thanks. I went into Google Play settings on the web and checked both boxes. When I try to add the free album, I get a box that says "Please add a payment method or redeem a code to complete your purchase." The price does show as $0.00. I see no way to proceed beyond that screen, so I have to cancel. Oh, well.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #26
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:

Email Preferences
I didn't get the email and neither did my husband. I checked both our accounts and both places are checked in both accounts. We would have liked to get the movie, but, oh well.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #27
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Thanks. I went into Google Play settings on the web and checked both boxes. When I try to add the free album, I get a box that says "Please add a payment method or redeem a code to complete your purchase." The price does show as $0.00. I see no way to proceed beyond that screen, so I have to cancel. Oh, well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I didn't get the email and neither did my husband. I checked both our accounts and both places are checked in both accounts. We would have liked to get the movie, but, oh well.
Well, so much for my theory. I have no idea how they choose. Probably some mystical algorithm.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #28
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
My primary gmail account associated with Google Play didn't get the offer but another gmail account did. 'Tis very strange!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #29
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
You can add Paypal as a payment method on Google Play now. I got the offer, but already have a copy of it in my account from where I reset my Nexus 7 2012 a couple of months ago... It was added to my account when I re-registered the Nexus.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prices for the Nokia Lumia 520 have dropped again at Amazon, but not as low as the pre-Christmas sale of $20. This no-contract phone makes a great little media player; a Windows version of an iPod touch, if you will.

Nokia Lumia 520
Closed Thread