Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #91
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Just popped in saw this thread (a LOT goes on around here if you don't keep up).

Whoaaaa, Ricky!

Somebody loves you lots to be able to walk away from that one! (Could be all that Karma)

Hope you are feeling better soon. Your straight-forward and often humorous repartee on this site makes cruising through here fun.

Fun !

You think we are trapped here, for fun !!!

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #92
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Ricky, is that you on the right in the crumpled black outfit? And who is your good looking friend in orange?
Yes, that's me on the right. Good eye. The thing in the orange is just another wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Oh and as for your car, when you do end up with a replacement car and if your insurance and excise tax are higher, I suggest you make the trucking company pay the difference for you since if it wasn't for their driver, you'd not be shelling out more money.
You know, Wolfie, I am going to have to stop teasing you so much. You are simply being waaaay to helpful here. That's a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Just popped in saw this thread (a LOT goes on around here if you don't keep up).

Whoaaaa, Ricky!

Somebody loves you lots to be able to walk away from that one! (Could be all that Karma)

Hope you are feeling better soon. Your straight-forward and often humorous repartee on this site makes cruising through here fun.
Don't tell that to the people that don't like me. You'll make them think they are missing something.

Back and neck are worse today, ankle and knee better, elbow and wrist much the same.

I've got to take some more photos of the crash scene today and make a diagram or two. So no pain pills till late in the day again. Which really sucks.

Ricky
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #93
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Just read through this post for the first time. Glad to see that you are doing well. It would have really sucked to hear otherwise. Get well!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #94
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Fun !

You think we are trapped here, for fun !!!

do-do-do-do- do-do-do-do- (hint: Twilight Zone Theme Song)

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #95
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Wowserrs! Maybe you need to just get another Ford Escape! It certainly took good care of you!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #96
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Nah, I think I'm going with a Toyota Sienna LE.

Hmm .... looks like I'm going to have some new scars on my hands.

Sorry .... lost my train of thought there. I spent most of the day in bed, happily out of my mind on drugs. During those few lucent periods, I watched Eddie Izzard "Glorious". Verrrrrrry funny.

Now, sadly, I have to clean the cat fountains. I say "sadly" because there is no way to do this hour-long task with one hand or with my splints on. This means it is going to HURT!!

So, that high-pitched screaming sound you will hear for the next hour or so is just me.

Then I will take more meds and say nitey-nite.

Y'all keep on keepin on.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #97
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Note to self: Self, invest in drug companies that make pain meds.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #98
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Gracious girl!!! I'm glad the car took so much of the brunt for you. Can you just hose down the fountains for a week? Or hire a handy-person to help with that? (Put that on the other guys tab too, if you aren't going to sue.) SOOO glad you are still here with us. This place wouldn't be the same without you.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #99
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You cannot go wrong with a Toyota - wise choice....
Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #100
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Agreed...

We got two of them, both in excellent working conditions (one 8 years old, the other 18).

And what are cat fountains?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #101
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Agreed...

We got two of them, both in excellent working conditions (one 8 years old, the other 18).

And what are cat fountains?

Here's one we have ....
Old 02-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #102
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, the drinking bowls I have for my cats are old-fashioned...

Not sure how one of my two cats will react to falling water though... He'll even rush out of the bathroom when I turn on the shower (and he'll shake himself when I splash the shower stall window...)
Old 02-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #103
GeoffC

Quote:
So, the drinking bowls I have for my cats are old-fashioned...

Not sure how one of my two cats will react to falling water though... He'll even rush out of the bathroom when I turn on the shower (and he'll shake himself when I splash the shower stall window...)

seemingly falling water is better for cats, not least because it gets aeriated - all ours love it, most prefer to drink from the spout rather than the bowl.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #104
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Is that why the little one is always lapping up the water in the shower stall after I've taken a shower!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #105
GeoffC

Quote:
Is that why the little one is always lapping up the water in the shower stall after I've taken a shower!

You may be right.

Before we got our fountain our cats just used bowls/or the outdoors ones any pools etc. At the time we had a young male cat, one of two brothers, and, despite being fed the vet approved diet, we hadn't realised that he had developed a urinary infection. He was mainly an outdoor cat so we hadn't been able to keep a careful watch on him (he was shy, so that didn't help). The infection caused him to develop a blockage which meant he couldn't wee - the vets couldn't cure it and unfortunately we had to euthanase him. Whether the fountain would have helped we don't know - but all our cats use it ..... it is said that running water encourages cats (but that may just be hype).