Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Tiny bug

This bug is a trivial one, but I wonder has anyone noticed, that when you touch on a book on the main page to open it, sometimes, the feedback (the border of the book image going bold) does not occur? Sometimes this leads to me touching it twice because I think it hasn't registered the touch (and that second touch becomes a page turn when the book opens).

It's been doing this for the previous few versions of software - and still there in 2.1.4 that I am running now.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I see the opposite problem, where you touch the book, the border bolds up and returns to normal, and the book doesn't open.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I see the opposite problem, where you touch the book, the border bolds up and returns to normal, and the book doesn't open.
Your scenario sounds more like a problem with the book. Does it open the next time you try?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
This bug is a trivial one, but I wonder has anyone noticed, that when you touch on a book on the main page to open it, sometimes, the feedback (the border of the book image going bold) does not occur? Sometimes this leads to me touching it twice because I think it hasn't registered the touch (and that second touch becomes a page turn when the book opens).

It's been doing this for the previous few versions of software - and still there in 2.1.4 that I am running now.
Yes it happens enough to be noticable. I've never been able to pin down the exact circumstances that cause or cure it. Kobo is aware of it, but as you said in the grand scheme it's pretty minor so I'm not sure how much time (if any) is being spent looking into it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Your scenario sounds more like a problem with the book. Does it open the next time you try?
Yup...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Have had this bug as well, just hasn't been often enough to really irritate me.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
...when you touch on a book on the main page to open it, sometimes, the feedback (the border of the book image going bold) does not occur...
I find this reliably happens for me if I touch one of the book covers within the first few seconds after starting up. If I wait a few seconds before touching it, the border always shows up.

The book opens either way.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
This books happens to me as well haven't been issued the new firmware upgrade yet.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
I find this reliably happens for me if I touch one of the book covers within the first few seconds after starting up. If I wait a few seconds before touching it, the border always shows up.

The book opens either way.

That sounds right. Probably just a bit fast on the draw.