Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
kpetzing
kpetzing began at the beginning.

Device: none
My K3 stopped marking what I've read

You know how it turns the dots bigger under a book to show you how far you've read? Mine stopped doing that 3 days ago.

Previously read books are still marked, it's just not marking anything new.

Any ideas for how to get that back?
kpetzing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Try restarting the Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My life as a Help Desk rep:

"Did you try rebooting?"
"Not yet"
"Then why'd you call me?"

And I apologize, kpetzing. I'm not making fun of you. I just experienced a bit of situational deja vu.

But I'd definitely try the restart pidgeon92 suggested: Home->Menu->Settings->Menu->Restart
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
kpetzing

I did try rebooting.

I also tried removing and redownloading the books.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Next step is a Factory Reset.

If that doesn't work, contact Amazon Kindle customer service (1-866-321-8851)
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I have experienced that on one single book. I just checked, it's actually a book bought through Kindle store (.azw).
The problem seems to be attached to certain books, as other books read later and currently does increase on the progress bar.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
kpetzing

Yeah, it's definitely only certain books (all bought from Amazon).

The one thing that seems to "fix" it, is to remove the book from my kindle, and then bring it back in and then refile it. Annoying, but at least it works.

I contacted Kindle support (also because my Kindle is now also taking 5 min to put in a highlight and not removing ones I've removed from the My Clippings file) and they are looking into the problems.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #8
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Was it a particularly big book? I had a similar problem with A Dance With Dragons, the Kindle forgot my place in the book a few times. I haven't had any problems with "normal" sized books.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Is the time set correctly? (hit 'menu', time will show at the top). If not, turn wireless on for a couple of minutes.

regards

snowman
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote