Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
tmoetnod1o4z
tmoetnod1o4z began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N518
Hanvon N518 screen broken?

Hi, I am new to mobileread forums, although I've visited the forums before to find reviews and info. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any errors.

I've bought a Hanvon N518 last year, and I was satisfied with it, until yesterday, when half the screen suddenly went blank. I had the book in my hands and didn't even hit a button when the lower half of the screen showed only little gray areas. Since then, I've tried to reset it, charge it fully, update firmware and nothing has worked.

Please, I need your help to know if it's a problem with the screen (broken) or something else (maybe the controller) and what could I do?

I'm not sure if it's broken (it's exactly half the screen that doesn't show anything) and when I hit the refresh button a couple of times it does show a little gray (so it's not completely blank)

I am uploading photos of my device, one taken when I turn it on and the other when I try to navigate the menus and hit the refresh button a couple of times.

Thanks in advance,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hanvon n518.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	69923   Click image for larger version

Name:	hanvon n518-1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	69924  
tmoetnod1o4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It does not look like the screen is physically broken so it could be a controller problem or electrical connection to the screen. If it is out of warranty you might try opening it up to see if a cable is loose. Sorry that it broke. That can be frustrating.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert