Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
GlassX
Connoisseur
GlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notesGlassX can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Smoother scrolling?

I've been trying a lot to make .pdf reading easier in my K3. My .pdfs are usually those with the two columns. Although some people find landscape mode satisfactory, I don't like it because it needs a lot of vertical scrolling.
In portrait mode I find that 150% zoom is OK, but the letters are somewhat small. The perfect thing is the %200 zoom. A column fits just fine and the letters are OK.

However there is a catch there. If I pan and zoom and choose my column then when I want to move to the other column and back sometimes (depending on the .pdf) it loses the correct alignment and I get my column chopped off. No amount of scrolling can make it as it was and then I have to retort to zooming to 150% back and 200% again in order to choose the column again. The same happens when I go to the next page and I find that there is no way I can read my full column, no matter how much I scroll left and right.

The curious thing is that when you pan and zoom by pressing the Shift and the 5-way controller key, you can choose to scoll very slowly in order to get what you want.
Is there any way that scolling can be "smoother" so that I can just move left-right and be able to have my full column? I find it deeply disappointing, it is such an easy thing that would make reading much more easier...
GlassX is offline   Reply With Quote