I park way out where there are plenty of spaces 16 44.44%
I will knock an old lady down to get a space close 1 2.78%
It doesn't matter because I use two spaces 3 8.33%
I don't drive...... 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the Mini sold in the US? It's made by BMW.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is the Mini sold in the US? It's made by BMW.
Yup. My neighbor has a cream one with a black roof.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #18
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
the first time I rode in a mini was in Germany on the Autobahn. I KNEW I was going to die!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Holy cats! A Mini at 0.3c! That would be a nitemare!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Holy cats! A Mini at 0.3c! That would be a nitemare!

one of the first cars I drove was a mini - also the only time i had a blow-out at 70....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
the first time I rode in a mini was in Germany on the Autobahn. I KNEW I was going to die!
Do you mean the driver was going too fast, or what?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
one of the first cars I drove was a mini - also the only time i had a blow-out at 70....
Presumably that was an "old" mini, wasn't it, Geoff? I had several of those - I'm amazed you managed to reach 70. Going down a very steep hill? .

The new BMW-built mini's are completely different cars. I'm on my 3rd one now, and I love them.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #23
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Do you mean the driver was going too fast, or what?
oh we were doing the speed limit! there's jusst something very unsettling going 100 miles an hour in a roller skate next to the big rigs!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Presumably that was an "old" mini, wasn't it, Geoff? I had several of those - I'm amazed you managed to reach 70. Going down a very steep hill? .

The new BMW-built mini's are completely different cars. I'm on my 3rd one now, and I love them.
lets remember - long gear stick (2-3foot in length) .... headlight beam dip switch just behind the clutch pedal ....

yep around 1973 and it was at least 5 years old then - but it went like a bomb ---- must have done else my mum wouldn't have had it !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
oh we were doing the speed limit! there's jusst something very unsettling going 100 miles an hour in a roller skate next to the big rigs!
I see what you mean, yes .
Old 06-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #26
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It usually involves a two by four and a lot of screaming.
You should try monts' shovel. It has immediate effects, I hear.

I park far away, I back in. I like to have a quick escape. I hate crowds and the stress people have to offer. I prefer otters.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #27
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Healthy people who part in the "handicapped" spaces REALLY annoy me. I just park wherever there's room. I have a small car, so it's rarely a problem.
I saw someone take a 'handicapped' space in a supermarket car park; then leap out of the car and dash in the store.

My blood was boiling.
But then I remembered it was 04:00 a.m. and we were the only two cars there.

Before I got to the entrance, he emerged with his paper and drove off.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #28
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I saw someone take a 'handicapped' space in a supermarket car park; then leap out of the car and dash in the store.

My blood was boiling.
But then I remembered it was 04:00 a.m. and we were the only two cars there.

Before I got to the entrance, he emerged with his paper and drove off.
I think that there are two potential answers to the 'handicapped' spaces problem, it just takes a bit of lateral thinking;

1) Rename them 'Handicapped and Ignorant W***er Parking Only' spaces. Either that'll shame people into not parking there or, at the very least, it would mean that only people qualified to be there would park there 100% of the time.

2) Put them as far away from the entrance of the shop as possible. That way, the ignorant w***ers won' want to park there and they'll be free for the people who need them.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #29
krisk
Wizard

is wanker really that harsh of slang in Britain that it gets star treatment?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I park where I think my car fits. And I always think my car is much bigger than it is....

Sometimes I park close to the door (especially when it's wet), and sometimes I don't mind to park in a empty part of the lot. At work, I tend to park in the shade.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote