Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 02:44 AM   #286
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
There is a thread on here somewhere describing root and I believe a link to xda also. Root the arc it has made mine livable with. My recommendations to you would be, factory reset,root,install super user pro,Performance Booster(it does work),no frills cpu set to maximum speed on cfq.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #287
scotpete
scotpete began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc 7
Hi,
Quick question that is probably stupid. Recently bought an Arc 7 and am loving it. Am running out of internal space though. Have a 16gb microSD with my ebooks and video files in it. Is there any way I can keep these books, videos, etc on my SD card and still access them easily?
scotpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:33 AM   #288
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should be able to transfer Files onto sd card without a problem. The 7 only has 8gb of internal storage so the SD card is its saving grace.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #289
clear_333
clear_333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
question about the arc 7

hi! does the arc 7 have developer options?
clear_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #290
jackonod
jackonod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Hi everyone!
I would like to buy a Kobo Arc HD7, but before that I want to be sure, that we have a "recovery rom" for this device, before "if anything happen".Otherwise I like to play with the stock apps in the rom, I want o try them. For the original Arc I found the "update.zip", and inside that I found everything what I want. But I search everywhere a rom dump or update for the second generation Kobo Arc HD7, but I didn't found nowhere nothing. Please anybody, if you know a link for the HD7 4.2 recovery rom (not recovery image), or if somebody have this device and rooted, can you send me the system/app folder on a zip?
Because for the original Arc I found the system, what somebody uploaded, I didn't think that have any problem, if somebody upload me the HD7 rom! I'm sure, that not me the only, who is interested about this!!!
jackonod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #291
mwlcarter
Connoisseur
mwlcarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Given that the Arc is using the only version of Android vulnerable to Heartbleed (4.1.1), any chance that Kobo will be a responsible vendor and support it's product with an update? If not a proper software update to a newer Android, at least push the fix that Google has released... http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...eed-fix-issued
mwlcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #292
Bonnie_27
Bonnie_27 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalAbid View Post
Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

p.s There is a kobo easter egg on the device! Find it if you can!
I found the Easter egg nice pics I love my kobo but I also have a love/hate relationship with it. I find it very glitchy; freezes crashes resets etc. I use my kobo as I would my S3 but I can't download half of the apps on my kobo that I would have on my cell. This is very frustrating cause I use my kobo as I would my computer but due to all these issues I have started using my cell and computer again. Should I have bought the Kobo Arc 7 instead, would I have been able to download apps on Google play without device errors.
Bonnie_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #293
gilibaus
gilibaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlcarter View Post
Given that the Arc is using the only version of Android vulnerable to Heartbleed (4.1.1), any chance that Kobo will be a responsible vendor and support it's product with an update? If not a proper software update to a newer Android, at least push the fix that Google has released... http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...eed-fix-issued
No, because Kobo is not a responsible vendor and does not care a f**k about his customers. That's my sad experience.
gilibaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:45 AM   #294
chris23az
chris23az began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi,

how to add a new homescreen with the KOBO ARC 10HD? Just drag an icon to the screen the screen edge does not work for me.

thank you
chris23az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #295
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
Question

When is this thread going to be locked?

There is exactly no Kobo presence on this board anymore in regards to this product or any from what I have seen in a very long time. You still have people responding as if the original poster is still around 2 years after the fact.

If you have questions either look for an answer in the multiple threads that will no doubt already have your answer or create a new topic.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #296
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Here, here. Start a new thread, nobody is going to answer here.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:51 AM   #297
Bonnie_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
There is a thread on here somewhere describing root and I believe a link to xda also. Root the arc it has made mine livable with. My recommendations to you would be, factory reset,root,install super user pro,Performance Booster(it does work),no frills cpu set to maximum speed on cfq.
Is this the original kobo arc too or just the newer one you have rooted
Old 05-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #298
stevov
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie_27 View Post
Is this the original kobo arc too or just the newer one you have rooted
These instructions are for the original arc.

To the naysayers, I get updates from this thread as I am subscribed to it. If she had started a new thread she wouldn't have got an answer as I rarely visit the forum
Old 05-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #299
Bonnie_27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
These instructions are for the original arc.

To the naysayers, I get updates from this thread as I am subscribed to it. If she had started a new thread she wouldn't have got an answer as I rarely visit the forum
Ty @Steveov
Old 06-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #300
jnq
jnq began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura & arc 10 hd
In france we have android 4.2.2 on kobo arc 10 hd. Waiting for kikat now.
jnq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc