Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
irc.freenode.net #uwsgi
<unbit> twobob: really cool, by the way i have fixed the problem

Quote:
core/event.c: In function ‘timerfd_settime’:
core/event.c:1245: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
so that will build okay now. without the need to hack the build script in the future.

Thanks unbit.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Twobob - in keeping with your miracle postings - would you also be so kind as to post postgresql now that you have it running?

I'm having a heck of a time just trying to get php rebuilt with the options I want? I was going to try to get it to support sqlite but after a full night on it - still missing lots of stuff in the config script. libjpeg, libpng, libXpm, bzip2, zlib, postgresql, and more. Still trying to download all of debian to get the right dev packages... I just don't have the magic I guess.

Thanks!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what options do you want for php?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
what options do you want for php?
I was hoping for some of the stuff to be detected by config as I installed tons of stuff - maybe I need to look into the source or something to see what I need. Or want, anyway as this is just an intellectual exercise. I keep forgetting - what do I want this for again?

Don't bother, I really don't need it. On to other things. I just thought you miniLAMP was cool.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #20
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I was hoping for some of the stuff to be detected by config as I installed tons of stuff - maybe I need to look into the source or something to see what I need. Or want, anyway as this is just an intellectual exercise. I keep forgetting - what do I want this for again?

Don't bother, I really don't need it. On to other things. I just thought you miniLAMP was cool.
apt-get install blah-dev

not just apt-get install blah if you want it detected...
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
apt-get install blah-dev

not just apt-get install blah if you want it detected...

i got that part, it's just getting the RIGHT blah-dev as there are different versions, and sometimes the package isn't named what I thought it should be..
Old 11-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #22
brianinmaine
Evangelist

In the general idea of webserving on a kindle:

imagine you are surfing the web and find an interesting article. you open a new tab to your kindles webserver page and copy/paste the url into a php form and hit OK. the html is then converted to a .mobi file for later reading...
https://github.com/raiju/phpMobi

This would take a bit to make work i'm sure, but it does sound feasable, right?
Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
i got that part, it's just getting the RIGHT blah-dev as there are different versions, and sometimes the package isn't named what I thought it should be..
apt-cache search .... ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #24
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
apt-cache search .... ?
I know all about that also, maybe I'm just not bright enough to figure out which packages I need. Usually I just abandon the search in search of easier prey...

Like I said before, the Kindle makes a pretty good book reader Can't spend ALL my time doing this stuff!

edit: I am trying again now that you guys keep bugging me.. Seems like I'll have a version of php (still can't get libxpm for some reason) but it will have modules for posgresql and sqlite and lots more. Just in case I think of a use. Someday.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 11-19-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
irc.freenode.net #uwsgi
<unbit> twobob: really cool, by the way i have fixed the problem

so that will build okay now. without the need to hack the build script in the future.

Thanks unbit.
At least it is fixed for ARM and X86:
https://github.com/unbit/uwsgi/commi...ee3b387f00d88b

The above link will give you the patch file to fix-up your copy of the source without pulling / building the 'head' of the repository.

A development note:
The source tree needs to be searched for other occurrences of hard coded, arch specific, system calls - example given above.

And all of those should be consolidated into macro call, where arch specific things can be maintained in a single *.h file.

Edit:
OK, so I did that.
And he only missed one other hardcoded system call, where it does not effect Linux builds.

- - - -

And in answer to my own question above -

Perhaps what I should do is create an "authentication server" with this that faces the public Internet.
Once authentication is complete, it would just proxy that session to the "real" web server running on localhost.

That would require only that I can get the hosting provider web server to answer only on localhost, no other changes.

Last edited by knc1; 11-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I know all about that also, maybe I'm just not bright enough to figure out which packages I need. Usually I just abandon the search in search of easier prey...

Like I said before, the Kindle makes a pretty good book reader Can't spend ALL my time doing this stuff!

edit: I am trying again now that you guys keep bugging me.. Seems like I'll have a version of php (still can't get libxpm for some reason) but it will have modules for posgresql and sqlite and lots more. Just in case I think of a use. Someday.
Well, then resort to using the web -

use the search forms at packages.debian.org

or for the really old stuff (like Amazon uses)
use the search forms at archive.debian.net

Debian/Lenny is about the correct age to match the Kindles.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #27
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
In the general idea of webserving on a kindle:

imagine you are surfing the web and find an interesting article. you open a new tab to your kindles webserver page and copy/paste the url into a php form and hit OK. the html is then converted to a .mobi file for later reading...
https://github.com/raiju/phpMobi

This would take a bit to make work i'm sure, but it does sound feasable, right?
BTW, this simple webserving use-case could be fulfilled with built-in PHP server.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #28
jesse
Connoisseur
jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 2
twobob - this is just great

Sorry for the late reply, I was mostly offline in china last week.

I'd be happy to answer questions about my X11 hacks. Shoot me mail at jesse at fsck.com
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #29
twobob

Thanks Jesse. It worked really nicely in the end.

Tags
fast-cgi, kindle, lamp, perl, rt request tracker, twobob