Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
EReader DRM coming soon?

Greetings,

Now that the Jetbook Lite and the Foxit Eslick both have EReader DRM available, are the chances good that the EZReader (or Mentor Lite) will get it to?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

Now that the Jetbook Lite and the Foxit Eslick both have EReader DRM available, are the chances good that the EZReader (or Mentor Lite) will get it to?

Luqman
Im thinking that maybe after the launch of the B&N eReader this will speed up and we will get it, we just need ot wait for it.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Greetings,

Luqman
The Jetbook lite doesn't have eReader. It has Epub support. And are you sure that the eSlick has eReader? I know it was supposed to get it at some point, but it never did. In stead it has Epub.

From what I can tell, eReader development is dead. B&N seems to have made a lateral move into Epub.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The Jetbook lite doesn't have eReader. It has Epub support. And are you sure that the eSlick has eReader? I know it was supposed to get it at some point, but it never did. In stead it has Epub.

From what I can tell, eReader development is dead. B&N seems to have made a lateral move into Epub.
Regarding the ESlick, the press release says:

"eSlick customers will now be able to view documents in ePub and eReader (PDB) in additional to previously supported PDF and Text formats. The support for ePub and eReader enable customers to read books downloaded from any website which supports these reading formats."

This clearly distinguishes between EPub and EReader formats, even giving the .pdb extention.

The Jetbook Lite page on Ectaco says:

"Support of DRM format through Barnes & Nobles"

So this may be as you suggest: EReader DRM implemented on top of an EPUB formatted book. Given that there are currently no EReader DRMed EPUBs available, I would be quite annoyed if the JB lite did not support standard EReader books, which are, in point of fact, all that can be downloaded from Barnes and Nobles.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

I think you are premature. I think eReader format will be around for several years, however the whole marketplace is eventually headed for ePUB. Jetbook lite does offer eReader and so does Foxit. I think the B&N reader will support both.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I think you are premature. I think eReader format will be around for several years, however the whole marketplace is eventually headed for ePUB. Jetbook lite does offer eReader and so does Foxit. I think the B&N reader will support both.

Dale
Does the jetbook lite support eReader DRM? The product page doesn't appear to say that. It says B&N DRM, which is not quite the same thing.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Regarding the ESlick, the press release says:

"eSlick customers will now be able to view documents in ePub and eReader (PDB) in additional to previously supported PDF and Text formats. The support for ePub and eReader enable customers to read books downloaded from any website which supports these reading formats."

This clearly distinguishes between EPub and EReader formats, even giving the .pdb extention.

The Jetbook Lite page on Ectaco says:

"Support of DRM format through Barnes & Nobles"

So this may be as you suggest: EReader DRM implemented on top of an EPUB formatted book. Given that there are currently no EReader DRMed EPUBs available, I would be quite annoyed if the JB lite did not support standard EReader books, which are, in point of fact, all that can be downloaded from Barnes and Nobles.
It doesn't actually say eReader DRM, but you're probably right.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Daily we are working on this!

Dear All:

Without violating the NDA we have with Fictionwise, we are working on this DAILY.

B&N has thrown in some exclusivity language in the contract and we are dedicated to being Open Format and free to link or do websites for other than just eReader.

As soon as we can work out the wording changes and have them approved we hope to be in business on eReader support.

Nothing has changed in our intensity to get eReader DRM on our devices!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
I just checked the Foxit site and there is no upgrade to firmware version 2 with support for Ereader DRM.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I just checked the Foxit site and there is no upgrade to firmware version 2 with support for Ereader DRM.
I understand they pulled it at the last minute for some undisclosed technical problem.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Since the Jetbook lite supports the B&N store, and according to this thread it only sells eReader, obviously the JbL supports eReader.