Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Recommend me a case

I realize everyone has their own personal favorite, but I am getting my daughter a Kindle Fire for her bday next week and am looking for recommendations for a case.

(Oh, and I'll need to order it in the next 24 hours so be speedy with those references, hm?)

copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I like the Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware because it blends in with my Moleskine notebooks.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I realize everyone has their own personal favorite, but I am getting my daughter a Kindle Fire for her bday next week and am looking for recommendations for a case.

(Oh, and I'll need to order it in the next 24 hours so be speedy with those references, hm?)

How about this one?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks... I like both of those! Decisions, decisions...
Old 02-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

I use this one and like it very much. The blue and other colors are just $29.99.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, agree with Jessica
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
HI I also use the Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware for my kindle.

But if you are willing to spend a little more here is a nice one as it helps disguise your device as a regular hard bound book and might deter theft:

http://www.dodocase.com/products/dod...or-kindle-fire

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
transer
transer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
I have a DodoCase, and I love it. Even my jaded tech friends have been impressed with it. I've only had it a few weeks, so I can't speak the longevity yet, but I'm not easy on cases, and I haven't noticed any sort of wear marks as of yet. My Fire fits snugly, and the rigidity makes me feel as though it's quite safe. It's got a good look, too, imo.
transer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
I'm thinking about the lightweight microshell thing because I really dislike elastic band corner strappy approaches. Plus, the white one has a kind of cool Imperial Stormtrooper look.

I really like the snap-in way my touch's lighted case looks, feels, and works. I wish Amazon would have made a case like that for Fire, but you know, without the light.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
copyrite
Wizard

Oooh I like that DodoCase! Might've made a sale with one of those... thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware feels like it is part of the Kindle. You will barely even notice it is there.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
All three of ours have cheap 360 rotatable stand cases, the kind that come with the 6 in 1 bundles on ebay. We like them. About $8 for the case alone or $15 for the bundle.

EDIT: It's this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250955039743
Comes in other colors, too. My wife got purple.

Last edited by ApK; 02-28-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added item link
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
I have the red jurni referenced by Hope. The colors are great for a 16-year-old and I like that it zips closed. The clips hold the Fire securely.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
copyrite
Wizard

I ended up ordering the red Dodo case for her.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
I got this cheap case. $13 (similar to the CaseCrown but less expensive). I'm very pleased with it.

Be careful with any cases that cover the screen's bezel. My previous case did and I found it difficult to touch activate the onscreen menu.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote