Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Screen Dimm is an Android app made for the Kindle Fire but works with most Android devices. I think we may be talking about two different things here. This thread is talking about that app on the Fire. So I thought you were asking why it wasn't set at default on your Tablet.
Ah, I see. I thought we were talking about a screen dim feature (lower-case). I noted that though the Vox supports auto screen dim, it's not enabled by default. Thanks for explaining what I was missing.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Ah, I see. I thought we were talking about a screen dim feature (lower-case). I noted that though the Vox supports auto screen dim, it's not enabled by default. Thanks for explaining what I was missing.
That's a nice feature but on on the Fire I have mine set to minimum brightness and without using screen dimm app it's like looking into a headlight. It's super bright! The app fixes that issue. You can adjust the contrast too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
That's a nice feature but on on the Fire I have mine set to minimum brightness and without using screen dimm app it's like looking into a headlight. It's super bright! The app fixes that issue. You can adjust the contrast too.
Dim screens give me eye strain. I used the screen dimm demo, and deleted it 10 minutes after.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
That's pretty cool. Odd that it isn't a feature included in the Fire in the first place, actually, but nice that it's easy enough to add.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
That's pretty cool. Odd that it isn't a feature included in the Fire in the first place, actually, but nice that it's easy enough to add.
The Kindle app is different on the Fire too. They removed the brightness slider that is on the standard app. Screen Dimm is a must for night reading.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #36
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
The Kindle app is different on the Fire too. They removed the brightness slider that is on the standard app. Screen Dimm is a must for night reading.
I'm going to try Screen Dimm because I think reading on the bright Kindle FIre might be keeping me awake long after I would like to be asleep.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I'm going to try Screen Dimm because I think reading on the bright Kindle FIre might be keeping me awake long after I would like to be asleep.
It could be. It has the opposite effect on me but I do use the dimm app. I read till I can keep my eyes open then I am out like a light.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #38
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
FBReader (at 1mobile.com)for reading EPUB's is another option. It has a nighttime mode and a daytime mode available in 2 clicks (on the menu icon while in the app) and it adjusts the brightness of the screen while you are reading a book by swiping up and down the left side.
It's also better for old geezers like me who just cannot read the tiny tiny Mantano app fonts...not the ebook fonts, but the app software fonts which are minuscule for some odd reason.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #39
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope;
It's also better for old geezers like me who just cannot read the tiny tiny Mantano app fonts...not the ebook fonts, but the [B
app software fonts which are minuscule[/B] for some odd reason.
Agreed!!
this is the exact reason I dismissed mantano after My short period of trying it out.

Compared to Aldiko the interface type on mantano was is waay too small for my 48 year Old, bi-focal assisted ,eyes.
I cant even begin to imagine how people are using it on and an android phone.

Cheers
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
ScreenDim is installed on both my Fire and phone and I could not do without it. The ability to set different presets for various lighting conditions is invaluable. It is a fantastic app and should be stock on all devices.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My wife has no complaints about the brightness, but your eyes may differ. I find the white on black text option to be especially easy, but I really don't use the fire for books.
I think the white text on black background may have saved my eyes. It's a great alternative for reading.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote