Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
When "Get"ting a book from Content Server.....

is there anyway to specify the information that comes down with the book -- e.g. page number, series info, ratings, etc.?

I can get into my calibre server just fine from my Kindle, (and BTW, I don't use either port 80 nor 8080 nor 8081, and it works fine), and download a book, but do not get the page numbers, and would like to be able to specify the series like I can when "sending to device" thru Calibre by using a template.

Could there be some settings added for "sharing over the net" like "sending books to devices"?

Ginny
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There si a metadata plugboard for that as well, its called content_server
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Ginnia
Connoisseur

thanks for your quick response --- however, I've set up the plugin, and there is no change - the data in the content server looks the same and when i "get" a book either thru my KK or download into my computer, there is no difference. I shutdown both Calibre and the content server in the background and restarted both, then shutdown the background server, and started it within Calibre -- nothing seems to have an impact.

Am attaching a jpg of the plugin I setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	content-server plugin.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	82501  
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The plugboard does not affect the data shown in the content server. Only the metadata in the ebook files served by the content server. Download an epub or mobi file from the content server using your browser on your computer, open it with the calibre ebook viewer and check the metadata. And make sure you are running the latest calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Ginnia
Connoisseur

I did that, and can see no difference. I assume series/# are not considered metadata? I thought with the content-server plugboard I put in (and posted a snap of in this thread) would include the series/# as part of the title, but not as I can see after doing what you suggested. But, it that plugboard will change the title as seen in my content-server, maybe I don't want to do that -- I just want to see it work, tho.

Any more thoughts?
Advert