Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have this problem
Yes, I have this problem 1 33.33%
No, I do not have this problem 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Do you have this problem in 1.9.17 (delete)

I'm seeing a mix of posts, some people are experiencing bugs, and some aren't. I'm going to do a series of polls to see who is having problems with 1.9.17, for problems that I'm experiencing.

This first one is minor one, and I'm guessing that most people are experiencing it.

Follow these steps:

1) Sideload this epub: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54998
2) go to library
3) delete the book
4) did the screen refresh with the book deleted without having to touch the screen again
5) if yes, repeat steps 1-4 10 times

Please only participate in the pole if you are using firmware version 1.9.17

If the screen doesn't refresh automatically (you have to touch the screen again to see the screen refreshed with the book removed) vote "Yes I have this problem", other wise vote no.

Last edited by John F; 03-22-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Edited step 5
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I voted yes, I am having the problem. I tried this three times, and the problem happened each time.

I am using the Tweaks plugin. I'm using Calibre to sideload the ePub.

I also had the problem in 1.9.16. The rest of this paragraph is in regards to 1.9.16. I did experience the problem before I started using the Tweaks plugin.The first time I installed the Tweaks, I believe the problem went away, but then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Tweaks, and the problem came back. I also did a Factory reset once. Also, when I deleted the two pre-installed guides, the problem did not occur, but from then on, the problem occurred.

My basic usage pattern is to sideload an ePub, read it, and delete it. I would say 99% of the the problem occurs.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I saw this every once in a while on 1.9.16 but I just did your test and didn't experience it once (I had to clear a bunch of sideloaded epubs anyway).
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
I've deleted it without any problem. I have no intention to repeat it 10 times, but I've not had a single issue with deleting books from library.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
This happens off and on.. Some days it happens and other days it erases immediately.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Didn't happen once, however what did happen every time was that when you choose delete and it brings up the "are you sure?" dialogue then it flashes a couple of times - more of a clumsy refresh than a real bug though.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote