Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #556
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Usually when you have a problem with a device, the labels Amazon mails you are automatically prepaid labels. You just need to put the label on the box and drop them off at your local UPS drop off. At least that is what I have always done. You should definitely not have to pay return shipping charges.
it's only because i scheduled a pick up that i have to pay. i guess it makes sense to me. i'm paying for the convenience of it
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #557
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
it's only because i scheduled a pick up that i have to pay. i guess it makes sense to me. i'm paying for the convenience of it
Oh I see. I did flag my UPS guy down once when he was on my street and he took my UPS package no problem, but I guess you have to pay when you actually schedule it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #558
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Oh I see. I did flag my UPS guy down once when he was on my street and he took my UPS package no problem, but I guess you have to pay when you actually schedule it.
UPS came today and instead of it being my Guy it was two younger fellows. He did knock but practically threw the package into my hands. Said my name so fast and left before I could confirm he was correct. If My UPS guy has changed permanently I'm gonna be devastated!

I've also dropped things off at UPS store to return to Amazon. Both times Amazon picked up my Kindles they were also bringing my replacement.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #559
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
UPS came today and instead of it being my Guy it was two younger fellows. He did knock but practically threw the package into my hands. Said my name so fast and left before I could confirm he was correct. If My UPS guy has changed permanently I'm gonna be devastated!

I've also dropped things off at UPS store to return to Amazon. Both times Amazon picked up my Kindles they were also bringing my replacement.
i would have liked it much better if i could have given them the defective kindles in exchange for the replacement but no one ever told me that was an option. is that something i have to initiate? just wondering for future reference

or did you just mean that you scheduled a ups pick up yourself and i got it confused?

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-26-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #560
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

I know what you mean! I love my UPS guy, he's so great. The few times it's been someone else I have worried that he changed routes. My regular guy is so perfect and knows all my little quirks - like exactly where I like the packages left and not to knock because the dogs go crazy. He's also a kindle user so we chat about kindles sometimes too.

The worst is when Amazon uses Prestige for my deliveries. I could write streams about how horrible they are.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #561
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree with sparklemotion totally - I would send them a quick email saying you had to pay that fee also. If they do all this re prepaid labels, they don't want you to be out of pocket at all, thats all part of the (usually great) customer service. You're not doing anything wrong by telling them (I think anyway).

maybe wait a week and then try a new order? 4th time lucky? I've gotta feeling this one will be the keeper (ha hope so!)
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #562
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know what you mean! I love my UPS guy, he's so great.
Sounds like these UPS guys have a great job if you ask me!!
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #563
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
I agree with sparklemotion totally - I would send them a quick email saying you had to pay that fee also. If they do all this re prepaid labels, they don't want you to be out of pocket at all, thats all part of the (usually great) customer service. You're not doing anything wrong by telling them (I think anyway).

maybe wait a week and then try a new order? 4th time lucky? I've gotta feeling this one will be the keeper (ha hope so!)
i only had to pay because i scheduled the pick up so i don't think amazon should have to pay for me being lazy but i have a feeling it is going to take longer than a week for these issues to be resolved, if they are at all. and apparently i don't have enough luck on my side to get an acceptable device so i might have to wait for the second generation
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #564
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
So sorry about your Kindle & Amazon CS problems, heatherlynn. I can just imagine how frustrating that must be. My replacement (603) actually has green bruising too. I didn't bother asking them for another replacement because they let me keep the first one and I didn't want them to think I was abusing their generous policy (I live outside the US). That, and the fact that I also didn't want to go through the headache of possibly being refused another replacement.

Since you live in the US anyway, and are giving the defective PWs back, I think it's just unacceptable that they would refuse to give you a unit you are completely satisfied with.

I hope you have better luck with the one you're buying from Staples.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #565
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
So sorry about your Kindle & Amazon CS problems, heatherlynn. I can just imagine how frustrating that must be. My replacement (603) actually has green bruising too. I didn't bother asking them for another replacement because they let me keep the first one and I didn't want them to think I was abusing their generous policy (I live outside the US). That, and the fact that I also didn't want to go through the headache of possibly being refused another replacement.

Since you live in the US anyway, and are giving the defective PWs back, I think it's just unacceptable that they would refuse to give you a unit you are completely satisfied with.

I hope you have better luck with the one you're buying from Staples.
they are definitely getting the defective pw's back and even if they weren't, they'd charge me for them anyway so it's no loss of their's. i have never heard of anyone being refused a replacement but i can't be the first. i think i just got a bad rep and i shouldn't have accepted her answers.

but thank you, i'm not sure what i'm doing yet this is too much frustration over a kindle
Old 02-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #566
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Maybe try another rep? Maybe you'll have better luck. While you're at it, ask to be reimbursed for shipping the other Kindles back
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #567
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i would have liked it much better if i could have given them the defective kindles in exchange for the replacement but no one ever told me that was an option. is that something i have to initiate? just wondering for future reference

or did you just mean that you scheduled a ups pick up yourself and i got it confused?

I don't think they will do it unless you ask Kindle support. Normally they want you to take them to the UPS store and drop them off. UPS was coming with a replacement anyway so it was just convenient for them to do it at the moment.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #568
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I know what you mean! I love my UPS guy, he's so great. The few times it's been someone else I have worried that he changed routes. My regular guy is so perfect and knows all my little quirks - like exactly where I like the packages left and not to knock because the dogs go crazy. He's also a kindle user so we chat about kindles sometimes too.

The worst is when Amazon uses Prestige for my deliveries. I could write streams about how horrible they are.
I love my UPS Guy! Well not love love ya know but he's awesome. He'll never leave a package. You have to sign for it. He's always nice and friendly and knows to knock and give me a second to get the locks undone. We always talk about the weather mostly but he's a great ole guy.

The young guys today look prior military and acted like it. I guess in a romance novel kind of a way hot but kinda scary in their demeanor. I rather have my old friendly UPS guy. I mean he said Miller so fast it made my head spin and was off and in the truck before I could nod my head. He almost shoved the package in my hands now I had some sleep it was kind of comical in a way. Oh the padded envelope delivered was torn open in the back too. Yes this was an Amazon Prime delivery. Had it been a book I would've been ticked. I don't know why there was two of them either....

Thirty minutes later I got a visit from Fed Ex guy in a Ryder van. He threw my new Modem on my porch. So I guess at least UPS knocked! Not too worried the modem is from my ISP. They told me I had to upgrade or I would not be eligible again for a modem unless the old one died. I upgraded and now getting the full speeds I paid for.

Oh the day got better a few hours later I broke my pinky toe. I am such a dork!
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #569
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
i only had to pay because i scheduled the pick up so i don't think amazon should have to pay for me being lazy but i have a feeling it is going to take longer than a week for these issues to be resolved, if they are at all. and apparently i don't have enough luck on my side to get an acceptable device so i might have to wait for the second generation
At this point I would send them all back. Go to Staples or Best Buy and get one that way. It should be a different batch.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #570
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
At this point I would send them all back. Go to Staples or Best Buy and get one that way. It should be a different batch.
they are already scheduled for pick up tomorrow! all three of them. and i might try staples, i just need to breathe for a little bit because i have a bad taste in my mouth for amazon and i know i really shouldn't. that rep just rubbed me the wrong way.