Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
martyh
martyh began at the beginning.

Device: Android OS
Cache question re: Calibre Library Android app

Hello,

I have Calibre Library installed on my Google Nexus 7; I've only used it once (so far) to place an epub file from my PC into the Nook folder on the N7 -- and it worked flawlessly.

Using a file explorer app on the N7, I noticed that the "Cache" folder has dozens of files all in the format "-21449....." What are these files? And are they necessary? (i.e. can they be deleted?) And if not necessary, why are they there?

Thanks for your time and response.
Cheers,
- martyh
martyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Android Calibre Library app is nothing to do with the main Calibre developers (despite is name similarity). I think you will need to ak this question of the Calibre Library app developer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
martyh
martyh began at the beginning.

Device: Android OS
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The Android Calibre Library app is nothing to do with the main Calibre developers (despite is name similarity). I think you will need to ak this question of the Calibre Library app developer.
I did, I emailed the app developer (his/her email ID is listed under the app description on Google Play) -- in fact I emailed him/her twice in as many weeks, and have received no response.

So regardless of whether the app has or hasn't anything to do with the Calibre Library software program, I was hoping someone here might have been able to answer my question.

-mh
martyh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, cache, calibre library