Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
using pdfs for epub

Just triple checking here as I have a client who is requesting I convert his files to pdfs

The files are in InDesign

I converted and extracted so each page is a separate .pdf

It retains the style

In ADE reader this looks decent but text is small
In iPad the text is way too small in both views
( I tried creating new pdfs with a bigger font but the result is the same ) This leads me to believe that the pdf page dimensions need to be edited. To what size? I read somewhere 9x12cm which is about 3.5 x 4.75 inches ( is this right?)

Any help?

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
Just triple checking here as I have a client who is requesting I convert his files to pdfs

The files are in InDesign

I converted and extracted so each page is a separate .pdf

It retains the style

In ADE reader this looks decent but text is small
In iPad the text is way too small in both views
( I tried creating new pdfs with a bigger font but the result is the same ) This leads me to believe that the pdf page dimensions need to be edited. To what size? I read somewhere 9x12cm which is about 3.5 x 4.75 inches ( is this right?)

Any help?

RD
A page of the size you specified is perfect for a 6" reader. And yes you will need to adjust the page size to do what you want. Of course a 9.7" iPad can use a larger page. This is a simple triangle problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert