Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
A easy and offical way to debrick k3.

My kindle is brick now.I am trying to treat it.
When the kindle restart i press enter for long
then it come to a page which have

u update kernel + rootfs

I think it is an easy and offical way to debrick k3.

THe question is i do not know how to do.
for example ,what name of the firmware images shoud be .and what format.
Can someone expain this method.
If we can use this means to update kernel + rootfs, it will be very welcome.
Thank you.

Last edited by xueyou2; 05-01-2012 at 02:24 AM.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
My kindle is brick now.I am trying to treat it.
When the kindle restart i press enter for long
then it come to a page which have

u update kernel + rootfs

I think it is a easy and offical way to debrick k3.

THe question is i do not know how to do.
for example ,what name of the firmware images shoud be .and what format.
Can someone expain this method.
If we can use this means to update kernel + rootfs, it will be very welcome.
Thank you.
That is how you debrick it from the serial port. It does not use the built-in keys. Depending on kindle model, you may need to open it up and solder to the circuit board to use this method. Using USB Downloader mode with MfgTool is safer and simpler.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That is how you debrick it from the serial port. It does not use the built-in keys. Depending on kindle model, you may need to open it up and solder to the circuit board to use this method. Using USB Downloader mode with MfgTool is safer and simpler.
I get it.I will try it now.
All is ready except what is crucial--solder to the circuit board .
Thank you geekmaste!
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
I get it.I will try it now.
All is ready except what is crucial--solder to the circuit board .
Thank you geekmaste!
No soldering to a K3 circuit board, and no need to remove the back cover. It has an external serial port connector in the lower slot on the left edge. Watch seaniko7's video.

geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote