Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
Unhappy crackling speaker

I just noticed that my speaker crackles when on full blast. Is that normal?
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
yup, all speakers crackle on the higher ranges, the smaller the speaker the less loud it can be...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
Byzantius
Mobile Tech
Byzantius began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 1005PE, Pocket Edge, PSP3000
But why? My LG Optimus does not crackle even when I use PowerAmp to amplify the music.
Byzantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The 'problem' that you are having will vary between different devices and the physical design of the hardware. In some cases the hardware allows for over-driving of the built in speakers which will cause crackling and other artefacts. In other cases the the output is limited to prevent this no matter how hard you try to drive it.

I don't know about the PE but with my EE I can drive the big Wharfedales from my stereo system directly.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote