Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
Thumbs up Possible solution if you lose your dictionary

In the past, it seems that there have been users (like me) who have accidentally lost their free Random House dictionary for the eBookwise, and the future looked bleak and evil. Well, the excellent folks at eBookwise Support have just nursed me through mine own disappearance scare, and I am writing up the solution that fixed the lexicographical lunacy (okay, okay, alliteration mode off).

Apparently, you can hide the books in your bookshelf, and even more surprisingly, you can do it accidentally (like I did). Your dictionary just might be lurking in this hidden void. To bring it back, connect your eBookwise to the Internet as usual and go to your Online Bookshelf. With your stylus, click on the bookshelf graphic at the top of the screen (it's right above the two tabs that say "eBookshelf" and "Online Bookshelf"). This will open up a new menu that lets you sort your bookshelf. At the bottom of the menu, there will be a button that either says "show hidden books" or "hide hidden books." Hopefully, it's the former. If so, click "show hidden books," and with any luck, the dictionary will reappear on your Online Bookshelf (under "General Interest"), whence you can now download it. It worked for me.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
That seems good . Thanks for this one!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
How do you "HIDE" books in your bookshelf on the reader tho?
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
surrealmind
Connoisseur
surrealmind began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM7, EB 1150, TC1100
Quote:
How do you "HIDE" books in your bookshelf on the reader tho?
As far as I can see, you can only hide works on the online bookshelf, but it's pretty easy. Just click on the circle next to a book and one of the options on the dropdown menu will be to hide (or show) it.

This actually holds out an interesting possibility for library management. Since the online bookshelf contains copies of the books you've downloaded, you could use the online bookshelf as a manageable mirror of your on-device collection, in order to show a pared down selection of books. Let's say I've downloaded 70 books on my device and I've read 45 of them, so it's a little difficult to surf to the 25 I've not read. Well, I can hide all the books I've read on my online bookshelf, and thus have a list showing only the books I've yet to read. The only problem is that you need to be connected to the Internet to access the online bookshelf.
surrealmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, ebookwise, ebookwise 1150