Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
wyrm
wyrm began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Good deal on a Jetbook or Aluratek libre pro

I'm thinking of buying a Jetbook or Aluratek pro. The best deal I saw so far is at http://www.ectaco.com/
They offered me a Jetbook with a free "Multilanguage Universal Translator ML350" (which I don't need/want) for $215,= including shipping to the Netherlands.

Other options I saw:
  • I saw the Newegg deal, but they don't offer International shipping options at this time.
  • Frys.com charge $80,= for shipping to europe
  • BJs.com they also don't offer International shipping yet.

Does anyone here have other options??
wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
I would offer to order it from newegg and ship it to you... that is if we can trust each other. Or I could order it and post it on amazon so at least there's some protection for us from each other. What do you think?
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There be some who advise against making deals with dragons.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
There be some who advise against making deals with dragons.

Luck;
Ken
Oh god.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
wyrm

Hahahaha!

You can trust this little dragon!

Thank you livingenzyme for the offer! That would be really nice. I think bjs.com has the best deal $129,99 for an Aluratek pro, but with an online coupon (how does that work?). Frys.com has it for $139,= With about $30,= shipping it would be a real bargain for me!

livingenzyme: PM sent!

Last edited by wyrm; 06-22-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
wyrm

Nevermind. I found a pretty good deal on Ebay: $172,= incl. shipping.

Can't wait to have it in my hands
Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm View Post
Hahahaha!

You can trust this little dragon!

I have heard good things of a certain "Pip" and the dragons of PERN are
held in high esteem, but the residents of "Earthsea" and a Hobbit I know
of, advise caution in dealing with such creatures.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Which one was it jetBook or Aluratek?
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #9
wyrm

The Jetbook, it arrived yesterday! So far I am very impressed with the excellent screen, I am a bit dissapointed with some loading times of ebooks. Overall, I'm very satisfied!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Regarding the loading times:

On my Aluratek (pretty much the same as your JBL) that after you load books, you really need to reset the unit to make things load up faster. I guess it's like rebooting the system or something like that. All I know is that things load faster and the system navigates better after resetting.

Just an idea. Your mileage may vary.
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote