Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
n7tzg
n7tzg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Shout out from Rob in the midwest

Hi all,

I am excited to begin working with you all. My wife bought me a PRS-505 for father's day 09, but I've been an avid reader all my life, first in hard bound, then soft bound, then the addiction grew to reading on my computer, and has culminated with my reader, a much more elegant solution to my hunger. As an embedded firmware engineer, I hope to learn more about the innards of my system and contribute fun solutions back to all of you as my contribution to the forum.

Thanks for creating such a fun place.

Rob

N7TZG
n7tzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Rob, welcome to MobilRead. I'm sure the folks in the developer's forum will love to get your input!. Enjoy your new Sony. I've had mine for about 6 months now and carry it every where I go!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hi Rob
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi N7TZG and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR, Rob!

do you plan on getting a second reader to play with, just in case?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Welcome to MR, Rob!

do you plan on getting a second reader to play with, just in case?
Welcome, I'm going through the same experience with a different brand reader. And if you do get a second reader, will you be a "mixed marriage" and expand your options with a different brand, or go with a second Sony?
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Welcome Rob!

Hooded Claw, very good question.
My wife has been eyeballing my reader a lot of late.
Leaving me to ask the same question. Get another of the same?
Or try something different?

My problem is at this point I don't know that I'd actually buy another brand unless I could see a side by side comparision first.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Rob, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome metal.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	38145 to Mobileread.

I've had a Sony 505 since it was introduced and wouldn't leave home without it.

Enjoy your stay.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote