Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
veason
veason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it is

Device: K3W/K4
Unhappy Help! Please! K4 dead after enable USB network

Hi everyone.

After I jailbreak with "kindle-jailbreak-k4-1.6.N".and update with "kindle-usbnetwork-0.43.N.zip". Trying to enable the usbnet. change the "DISABLED_auto" file to "auto". And also went to "etc", using txt to change "config" ,change K3_WIFI="false" and K3_WIFI_SSHD_ONLY="false" to K3_WIFI="ture" and K3_WIFI_SSHD_ONLY="ture". Then saved the file and restarted.

But,after restart, kindle shows usb drive mode with or without cable connect to pc.

And also, in the pc network connection setting, an additional connection was shown. shows detail as "USB ethernet/RNDIS Gadget"

Basicly, Im stuck in here. Try to restart kindle or try to using "magic key". But wouldn't help.(maybe i didnt do in a right way?)

Can anyone told me what to do to get back my kindle? Will really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131102091005.png
Views:	297
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	114502   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131102091133.png
Views:	352
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	114503  
veason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Kubrick.

PS: This is a K4, not a K5.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Don't boot a Kindle while plugged to something, it confuses volumd.

If this still happens without anything plugged, you might have tweaked something else in the config (USE_VOLUMD), which is also a very bad idea on a K4. [Incidentally, if you don't know what you're doing, err don't, but, barring that, use the KUAL extension, it at least prevents you from shooting your own foot with some settings combinations...].

Also, read the docs, because if you were trying to enable USBnetwork, and then are wondering why you see a Linux Ethernet gadget network interface, then you obviously missed the point .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
veason
veason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it isveason knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Kubrick.

PS: This is a K4, not a K5.
Thanks! problem solved! Really appreciate it.

However, raise another question.

After debrick, trying to put "ENABLE_DIAGS" and disable diagnostics in the diagnostics mode. Shown like this:

pcbID does not match with DSN

pcbID:
XXXXXXXXXXX

DSN:
YYYYYYYYYYY

Any possible to solve this one?

Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
veason

I do forgot to unplug cable after change the "config" file. I think this is the reason why it stuck at the usb network.

However, the problem solved after the Kubrick procedure. Thats a really cool thing. Thanks to ixtab.

Tags
dead, fix, kindle