Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Google Nexus 7

Has anyone gotten the new Google tablet? It is sold out in all the stores I looked at, even Google website has it on back order. I was looking to get the 16GB @ $250.00. Since they are on backorder and I don't buy until I test I'm just going to have to wait. They may miss out in a sale if Apple comes out with a 7inch at about 250.

Last edited by pagansoul; 07-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was going to try hard to get it BUT since there are more tablets coming also from Amazon and B&N as well as Apple, I am waiting.

I don't think any one resource will have lots of the Nexus available soon. Walmart and BB never got any initially so that tells me there aren't lots available to go round.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
There is a resendant member here on MR who has one. For some odd reason he posted it under the "News" section.

Asus NEXUS 7 ACCIDENTAL EARLY release in the UK-My 1st hand report

He seems quite helpful, you can fire him off a question on his thread.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I heard that some retail stores were selling them early.

I think that Gamestop was selling their pre-orders early. However, if you didn't pre-order, you didn't get to buy one.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
Has anyone gotten the new Google tablet? It is sold out in all the stores I looked at, even Google website has it on back order. I was looking to get the 16GB @ $250.00. Since they are on backorder and I don't buy until I test I'm just going to have to wait. They may miss out in a sale if Apple comes out with a 7inch at about 250.
I ordered one and it should arrive tomorrow. So we shall see.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I got the notice saying mine had shipped, but UPS tracking doesn't agree. Per that site, it has a label but not been picked up. I'm hoping the tracking system is pooched and i get mine tomorrow or the day after.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
I'm attempting to cancel my order from Google Canada since I was lucky enough to find the last one in a store.

Coincidentally when I saw my email on the Nexus 7 for the first time there was an update from Google Canada telling me that the 8GB tablets had shipped but the 16GB would be another 1-2 weeks.

Oddly, all the tablets that have already been sold at places like London Drugs, Staples, etc. here in Vancouver, have been the 16GB models.

Coincidence? I think not

On an unrelated point (and why I'm here tonight)...

Has anyone figured out how to transfer a non-protected epub from a PC to the Nexus 7 and have it show-up in the default book App? I know it can be done with 3rd party readers but I can't find a way to do it with the default.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 8GB is only available from Google. It will not be sold in B&M stores. If i don't see an arrival date listed by UPS in the AM, I am going to go out and buy a N7 locally and refuse the shipment when it does arrive.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
I did not see any around Whitby, Oshawa area.

I will be going to Toronto this afternoon. Will have a look around if I can find a demo unit somewhere
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #10
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I got the notice saying mine had shipped, but UPS tracking doesn't agree. Per that site, it has a label but not been picked up. I'm hoping the tracking system is pooched and i get mine tomorrow or the day after.
I have had bad experiance with UPS, loosing a phone twice. And once a Whole wharehouse up in Fort McMurray went missing... (inside job), have had similar problems with Purolator having issues.... Which is Why I follow up on tracking like crazy. Puts my mind at ease and also gives you an idea of when its being delivered... In the end I think it will get there no issue... I am kinda flying blind for my delivery of my Nexus as I bought from Staples and they inhouse deliver and it has no tracking number etc.

Good luck

REgards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 07-18-2012 at 07:35 AM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The 8GB is only available from Google. It will not be sold in B&M stores. If i don't see an arrival date listed by UPS in the AM, I am going to go out and buy a N7 locally and refuse the shipment when it does arrive.
Shrewd move on Google's part. Sell the far more profitable 16GB model only in B&M stores; where most people will purchase the Nexus.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Well, my N7 is in Illinois and is scheduled for delivery on the 23rd. If I can find one locally today, I'll buy it and refuse delivery. If the charge is not reversed when I get our chare card bill, I can dispute the charge, though Google Canada has said to just refuse and they will take care of the rest.

I would normally be more patient, but when I bought the device I bought 2 day shipping, which this is not.

EDIT: No N7s in Red Deer today

Last edited by taming; 07-18-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
PurolatorHelp
PurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it isPurolatorHelp knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I have had bad experiance with UPS, loosing a phone twice. And once a Whole wharehouse up in Fort McMurray went missing... (inside job), have had similar problems with Purolator having issues.... Which is Why I follow up on tracking like crazy. Puts my mind at ease and also gives you an idea of when its being delivered... In the end I think it will get there no issue... I am kinda flying blind for my delivery of my Nexus as I bought from Staples and they inhouse deliver and it has no tracking number etc.

Good luck

REgards

Jack
Hello Jackastor,

If you ever need assistance with a Purolator shipment, please free to contact us directly at customer.care@purolator.com. We'll be happy to help you!

Best regards,

Catherine Côté

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.
E-mail : customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
PurolatorHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
There is a resendant member here on MR who has one. For some odd reason he posted it under the "News" section.

Asus NEXUS 7 ACCIDENTAL EARLY release in the UK-My 1st hand report

He seems quite helpful, you can fire him off a question on his thread.

=X=
I know of another MR member who got one of the free "golfball dimpled" white Nexus 7 units given to people who attended the Google I/O conference.

I am looking forward to that 5-core Kal-El (Tegra 3) processor when I get mine. No microSD slot really sucks bad though, so I paid the extra $50 for the bigger internal flash memory device.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-18-2012 at 12:28 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
No microSD slot really sucks bad though, so I paid the extra $50 for the bigger internal flash memory device.
And Google thanks you. That price bump is almost pure profit.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote