Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Onyx M92 - Excitement and questions

First I have to say that so far I am very pleased with the performance of the reader. It pretty much does what it is supposed to do and actually is above my expections.

As there does not seem to be a manual available(why not?) that could probably answer my questions, I try it here:

I could not find a search function for the books on the device. Not there or am I too clumsy to find it?

I like the SCRIBBLES, but I could not find an option to rename the "scribble1, scribble2" etc. - as is possible with NOTES.

"Last opened books" works only with PDFs, not EPUBs.

Home button opens a menue, but does not take you back to the home screen.

Probably there is a way to change the function of the various buttons.

Any information would be much appreciated.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Kal9871
Kal9871 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hi I just got my M92 (excellent service from ereader-store.de!) and I am also pleased with it so far.

What firmware version are you running? I'm on 1.6 and I have an option on the main menu called "Recent Documents" which shows both PDFs and EPUBs.

The "home button" (the one with the house) opens the main menu for whatever you are doing, so it won't take you to the home screen. To do that, press and hold the button with an arrow for a couple of seconds, and you'll go straight to the home screen.

Now, I really want to know if there is shortcut for the dictionary when reading books. It takes to long to open the menu and select the dictionary option there. Also if you do that and the word you want to look up is on the bottom of the page, the dictionary window will cover it and you can't select the word in an easy way.

I would like to see something like pressing the stylus on a word for 2-3 seconds to bring up the dictionary, or a button at the bottom of the screen that you press and then press the word you want to look up. Does anyone know if there are any shortcuts of this kind?

Last edited by Kal9871; 01-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Kal9871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal9871 View Post
Hi I just got my M92 (excellent service from ereader-store.de!) and I am also pleased with it so far.

What firmware version are you running? I'm on 1.6 and I have an option on the main menu called "Recent Documents" which shows both PDFs and EPUBs.

The "home button" (the one with the house) opens the main menu for whatever you are doing, so it won't take you to the home screen. To do that, press and hold the button with an arrow for a couple of seconds, and you'll go straight to the home screen.

Now, I really want to know if there is shortcut for the dictionary when reading books. It takes to long to open the menu and select the dictionary option there. Also if you do that and the word you want to look up is on the bottom of the page, the dictionary window will cover it and you can't select the word in an easy way.

I would like to see something like pressing the stylus on a word for 2-3 seconds to bring up the dictionary, or a button at the bottom of the screen that you press and then press the word you want to look up. Does anyone know if there are any shortcuts of this kind?
Thx for your interest and infos.
FW is 1.6 .

I noticed of course what the home button was doing - just found it somewhat strange.

I am missing the described dictionary function as well.

Any ideas about the search for Books option? This should be somewhere.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #4
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
As there does not seem to be a manual available(why not?) that could probably answer my questions ...
ONYX BOOX M92 USER MAUNAL
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
ignacio ferrer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Thx a lot!