Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Fallingwater
Enthusiast
Fallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura aboutFallingwater has a spectacular aura about

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Any way of modifying epubs while maintaining folder structure?

I have a truckload of epub files that have been set up for the Kindle; on my Opus, this results in empty margins that are far thicker than I want them.
So I've loaded the lot in Calibre and bulk-converted from epub to epub, only with margins set my way.

This works, but Calibre copies all the modified epubs in its own folder structure. This makes a mess of my organization. All I want it to do is to rewrite the existing epubs with the margins I want, while leaving the files where they are. Can it be set up to behave like that?
Fallingwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can use the command line conversion tool ebook-convert. If you want to use the GUI for conversion you will have to live with this behavior.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
...All I want it to do is to rewrite the existing epubs with the margins I want, while leaving the files where they are. Can it be set up to behave like that?
No, as user_none stated, but...

...you can, after conversion, use the Save to Disk function to send the converted files to a single folder. You can use the associated drop down menu to select a single format (ePub in your case) or simple enter "epub" in the appropriate field in Settings to make the default button action to be ePub only.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Since youi stated that it messes up your files, I'm guessing you may be using your folder structure for calibre's library. If so, I woul;d suggenst using a separate folder for the calibre library, using Save to Disk as the others suggested to save the books to your folders (this ensures the books will be named the way you want them), then cleaning out the calibre library folder. This way, calibre will not mess up your folders.

I do have to ask, however, why do you prefer your own folder structure to calibre's system?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote