Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
nook77
nook77 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Problems after uploading RSS feeds to Nook

Not sure if I'm missing something in the transfer process, but when I download a newspaper's RSS feed and view it in Calibre, it looks perfect (all pages are white with normal text) - but when I transfer it to my Nook (not the Nook Color) the pages are so dark you can barely make out the text. It seems to be only a couple of sites and not others.
nook77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set
no_stylesheets = True

in your recipe
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
nook77
nook77 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Set
no_stylesheets = True

in your recipe
That line code was there already. I'm wondering if I do not have a setting right on the Nook - I've only had it a week and I'm not very familiar with it. Shouldn't it look the same in the ereader as it does in the Calibre viewer?

Last edited by nook77; 03-04-2011 at 03:34 PM.
nook77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
generally speaking readers on ebook devices are much less robust than calibre's viewer. So you may have to do various operations on the downloaded html to get it into a state that the Nook will be able to read. I lack the time to tell you in more detail what needs to be done, but look through a few of the builtin recipes for ideas.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Try this:
Code:
    remove_attributes = ['style']
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, nook, rss