Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
Highgate
Highgate began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
'The Wrinkly'. A farcical attempt at early retirement.

'The Wrinkly'. A farcical attempt at early retirement. By Paul Collis. (That's me.)
Tired of the rat race in the stone-faced city and disillusioned with his shallow relationships and meaningless career, Mike Lewis, approaching forty, makes a ridiculous attempt to join a retirement community in Florida. But, instead of a relaxing life of golf and beach-combing, he finds himself dealing with lust, crime, cosmetics – and an identity crisis.

Available at Smashwords in all formats. 45,000 words. Price: $1.99

I'm no Franzen, Larsson or Grisham. But, if you pay to see Farrelly Brothers or Judd Apatow movies, if you ever thought of quitting your job and living a life of leisure, if you enjoy visiting tacky roadside attractions, if you can tolerate even the idea of golf, if you ever wondered what it would be like to live life as a complete fraud – then this book might be worth a couple of bucks to you. And who doesn't like manatees?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Wrinkly-Ebook-Cover_2"wide@72.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	58898  

Last edited by Highgate; 09-27-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added 'author' note.
Highgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome, Highgate.

Are you the author or connected to the author?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Highgate
Highgate began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Am I the author?

Yes, Dreams, I am the author, and I apologize for not making that clear.
A link to my bio is on The Wrinkly's Smashwords page.
And also at www.thewrinkly.com
Thank you for pointing out my error.
Paul Collis.
Highgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Paul

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
early retirement, florida, humor, rat race, retirement community